Has my mystery zeb made its move???

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jerry58
Obsessed!!

Has my mystery zeb made its move???

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Came home and found this its my mystery zeb and IT has trapped my alpha female in a cave that is not one used by either fish and not a lot of fighting going on.
Just thought I would share and seems very interesting might come to nothing.

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Hope something comes of it Jerry 8)
John

Post by John »

Looks like IT is doing a good job there :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Looks like a male to me, fingers crossed. :wink:
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

Maybe not a mystery anymore - good luck!!
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Bit of a shame but the fish are back to their positions in their own caves now.
The alpha female is as she always is on top of the alpha males cave,so this might be bad timing by the mystery fish as the alpha female has just bred around the beginning of the month and I think will not (if as per usual)be ready for about 14 days.
Funny that but my younger female has been trapped in another cave (not used by either fish)by the alpha male between spawns roughly 2 weeks before he is ready to breed at that time.

Maybe this,in my tank is the only time the other fish get the chance to breed due to the alpha female blocking all attempts of it happening before its time for her spawning with alpha male.

I find that finding out the relationships between fish in the tank is as interesting as them pairing up and breeding even though nothing has come of it at this attempt(if it was)but still leaves IT as a mystery fish.

At the moment alpha male and female do go in cave for a day or so then the alpha female comes out without spawning and back in within a day and then successfully spawns this seems to be what happens most spawns now.

Will update if anything happens but looks like the alpha female and male back on track to maybe give it a go soon.

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.