whats the best species of corydoras to put in with zebs

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

darren
Groupie

whats the best species of corydoras to put in with zebs

Post by darren »

got sand in tank so just looking for something to move substrate around abit and something that wont threaten fry/eggs can anybody recommend best species of cory to use??also could somebody recommend a good snail to use for cleanup/ substrate agitation many thanks darren
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

Myself and some others, use sterbaii corys in our zeb tanks. I also keep assassin snails in there to help keep the snail population in check. I originally put the snails in there to help raise them for my figure 8 puffer, who is in another tank. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
darren
Groupie

Post by darren »

thanks for reply do u find that sterbai tend to take all the food leaving nothing for the zebs? and do assasin snails eat left over food and help move the sand around?
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

I have 8 sterbai in a 40 breeder with 15 zebs, mostly sub adults. I make sure I feed them plenty of food, and just about at lights out. The zebs are usually out and about, so I'm pretty sure they get enough food. The assassin snails eat the snails that move the stuff around. I have a bare bottom tank, so nothing to move in there.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Sterbai corys will eat zebra fry.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
darren
Groupie

Post by darren »

thanks for replys all dnt know if i wanna risk sterbai especially if theres reports of them eating zeb fry wonder would i be safer off putting in something like panda corys?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

There just aren't many cories that are going to appreciate zebra temps, and the ones that will are going to be a danger to zebra fry. Zebras themselves are bottom feeders. Why would you need more?

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

I would have thought that pygmy cories would be safe for Zebra tanks.
darren
Groupie

Post by darren »

your prob right barbie just really wanted something that would move substrate around as its sand and maybe clean up waste food cus my zebs arent really that voracious or active as we all know :) theyre more couch potatoe zebs think they been watching me too much through the glass
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Size wise, yes, but temp wise? No way. Temperatures that make cories happy are going to freeze zebras.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
gtp
Groupie

Post by gtp »

I just have your standard 'Bronze corydoras' in with my zebs, and both groups are pretty active and the temp is currently on 86f.

I am worried about them eating any possible future Zebra eggs/fry though.