Happiness is.....

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Happiness is.....

Post by ApacheDan »

A new group of 6 adult Zebras, with at least 2 proven females in the group!

As part of the deal I had to take some juvies....this guy is kinda cute, with a dolphin-face. Is that what you call snub-nose? He/she is about 2.5"/ Can this be bred and if so, will the fry be like him/her?
John

Re: Happiness is.....

Post by John »

ApacheDan wrote:A new group of 6 adult Zebras, with at least 2 proven females in the group!
Congrats on your purchase :)
ApacheDan wrote:Is that what you call snub-nose?
Yup, he/she is a snubnose.
ApacheDan wrote:Can this be bred and if so, will the fry be like him/her?
Yes he/she can be bred and the fry doesn't automatically will be snubnosed, read about snubnoses here: http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

I wish some adult zebra happiness would find its way to MY part of Florida!!!! Congratulations on the new additions! :D
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Nice score.

So you have to suffer having a few juvies- life is tough :P
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Great looking new arrivals :)
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Post by ApacheDan »

Thank you all for the fine wishes. I hope they settle down soon, so they can start doing the "wild thing" :lol:

John, regarding the snubnose, thanks for the info. I think the thread is inconclusive...the condition itself might be induced by shinning a torch and the male squeezing the fry against the cave; by too much of a hard eggshell, or maybe genetics. Either way, snubnose zebras can have normal fries. I kinda like mine...so if it ever reproduces or if I ever have snubnose fry otherwise, I would tell a buyer of the condition and it would be up to the buyer to accept it or not. I know I might be stepping the toes of some purists, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. :roll:
b0ot
Banned

Post by b0ot »

Dan they are very nice looking either way. Let me know when u wanna send me sum up my way here in Georgia. :-)