WARNING :To anybody using Ruto frozen Bloodworm

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

alsbeth
Forum Follower

WARNING :To anybody using Ruto frozen Bloodworm

Post by alsbeth »

Hello, I have come home from work today to find one of my mature female zebs dead in the tank with a Leech sticking out of her mouth.She had tried to eat it and choked.The only place this has come from is a cube of Ruto frozen bloodworm,that i fed the fish last night.I normally let the worms disperse in the tank but last night,i was in a rush and just threw in the cube.I have come across various things in these cubes but not a leech before.At this moment i am very sad and extremely angry.There is no warning on the frozen bloodworms to say they contain anything else.This fish was over 3" and probably 3 years old.I am going to contact Ruto tomorrow in Holland and share my concerns and anger.Does anybody if they would be liable ? Thanks Alan :cry: :evil:
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

sorry to hear about your loss,i bet your very angry and sad.

i hope the company can help you in some way
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Thats terrible news Alan, hope you get something sorted :wink:
John

Post by John »

I am curious how this worked out with Ruto?
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
alsbeth
Forum Follower

Post by alsbeth »

Hi, First thanks for your concern.I rang Ruto today in Holland and explained what had happened and that i had taken photos of the fish and that i also still have the fish frozen in my freezer.I also had the blister pack which the bloodworms were in.They seemed very concerned and said that this was the first time they have had any Leeches in their bloodworms and asked what was the outcome i was wanting.I said a replacement or costs towards a new 7.5cm female.They told me to send the pictures and try and locate a new fish, easier said than done and that they too would try and locate one if possible.So if any of you Dutch chaps knows where they might find one i would be grateful of some details.
In the meantime i just have to take their word and try and find a replacement.
Regards Alan
John

Post by John »

Well that's at least a positive answer to start with, now to find a 7,5 cm. female that's a whole other story, i am shure there is no female available in shops here in holland.
Good luck on your search, and keep us updated how this works out?
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
alsbeth
Forum Follower

Post by alsbeth »

Hi, just an update, well after quite a few emails and the odd phone call Ruto still say they will give me some cash towards a new fish .Thanks Al
Last edited by alsbeth on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I've been through a similar ride with Eheim recently.

I would advice you to ask for an insurance claim form. Ruto will have an insurance against things just like this, so insist on getting the form, or ask who the insurance company is, then get in touch with them and say you want to file a claim.

Don't give up! It's an exhaustive exersize - or can be - but I think it's important that comsumers can feel safe about products they buy for their fish, especially when it's such precious fish as these. No complains with no consequenses means they don't have to keep their quality control at top priority.

Sorry for your loss :(

Good luck!
alsbeth
Forum Follower

Post by alsbeth »

Hi, thanks for your advice, think i might give the insurance claim a go, nothing to lose.But getting the details out of them might be difficult.
Thanks Al