Got my 5 Zebra Pleco

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

rickylbc
Groupie

Got my 5 Zebra Pleco

Post by rickylbc »

Hello everyone, First of all I would like thank the person who sold me my Zebras, I'm not sure if she wants her name mentioned.. I got my 5 gorgeous Zebra plecos today and I am so happy and pleased with them. They're in a 40 gallon tank just for them. I will post some pictures as soon as they settle in and starts coming out. I have learned so much from this site to make me wanna keep them again, hopefully for many years to come. I use to have them back in the early 90's but they end up dying on me, information and knowledge of keeping them wasn't readily available back in the days, unlike now a days, just turn your computer on and you'll find out what you need to know (internet knowledge), which is great! That's all for now.. :P
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hope all goes well with the Zebs.

Frequent water changes & check your water regulaly & they will be fine. :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congratulation! Looking forward to pics and best of luck with them :tup:
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

Congratulations on your new additions!
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

Get the camera out and start snapping those pictures!
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

eklikewhoa wrote:Get the camera out and start snapping those pictures!
I would love to, but I only see them when I put a flash light on them, lol.. Atleast they're eating though, I don't see any of the food that I put in there before I turn the lights off.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Congrats Ricky, I wish you the very best of luck with the Zebs. :D
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

Thank you so much Adam and to everyone else. They should be in good hand.. I been breeding Cyphotilapia Frontosa Zaire's and other Tanganyikans for a while now. I don't think this any harder to breed once they get to the right age, I am looking for more though, hopefully someone else can offer me some of their F-1 fry. I wanna raise all of them at the same time. PM me if you have any that you wanna sell any of your fry.. :)
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

Well what do you know.....I am growing out a colony of Mobas and love tanganyikan cichlids too!
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Hope the babies are still doing great Ricky!

I, too, have Moba and zebras. I know one other member in Texas that breeds zebras and has a colony of Moba. Maybe it's a trend ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

Barbie wrote:Hope the babies are still doing great Ricky!

I, too, have Moba and zebras. I know one other member in Texas that breeds zebras and has a colony of Moba. Maybe it's a trend ;).

Barbie

Their doing great. I been breeding Zaire ( now Congo) Blue Kapampa Cyphos for quite a while now, I sold my Kapampa's and got a colony of 11 Mobas Cypho's which is the one doing all the spawning for me. I also have a colony of 12 Kitumbas Cypho's, no spawn on them yet.. Then I have the mix Tanganyikans, 8 Sibwesa Foai, 7 Melanogeny's Kilesa, 6 Gnathochromis Permaxillaris, 4 Black calvus, 4 leleupi, 4 Juli. Marlieri (Burundi) and 5 Petricola.. (Separate tanks) A colony of 8 Cyathopharynx furcifer Ruziba.. 10 L-18 and my newest addition, thanks to you, 5 beautiful Zebra Pleco.. :P
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

Congrats Ricky!
I raise zebra and zaire too, i got Moba and Kitumba.
I dig striped fish.
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

I just Picked up 2 more F-1 fry from a member here. Drove to his house and went home with them, I have a total of 7 now from 3 different breeding pairs.. I am hoping to get another 3 to 5 more. :wink:
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

I just picked up 3 more fry from another member here, I have a total of 10 now. :)