Getting ready for zebras.

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

willison_b

Getting ready for zebras.

Post by willison_b »

Hello, i am picking up some zebras this weekend, and just had a few questions. What are GREAT water conditions for them (ph. Level etc.) If you have alot of experience with zebras, i would love to hear some advice on what these little guys like, everything from what they love to eat, to how much flow of water i should have going through, do they like alot of caves? or do they like a more open area. Also, do they like sand or gravel better? Everything else i did not list and you may know about, please let me know i would really appriecate it. Thanks!
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

See the little menu option titled "home" in the upper left? Move over it and you'll see "articles" as a sub-menu. Try reading some of those.

I'm somewhat amazed you're picking them up on the weekend and just thinking to investigate how you'll look after them :roll:
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
willison_b

Post by willison_b »

Yeah, well im a quit learner. No offence, but it's not like these fish are a 50 page essay that's due tomorrow. Everything i need to know, i can take in, in one night, doing alot of reading, which i already have, my question on the water conditions were if anyone had better out comes with different levels (note the "GREAT water condition" i had stated in my first statement). On another note, anyone else with little tips and tricks that would like to help, please do so. Thank you very much.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

willison_b wrote:Yeah, well im a quit learner. No offence, but it's not like these fish are a 50 page essay that's due tomorrow. Everything i need to know, i can take in, in one night, doing alot of reading, which i already have, my question on the water conditions were if anyone had better out comes with different levels (note the "GREAT water condition" i had stated in my first statement). On another note, anyone else with little tips and tricks that would like to help, please do so. Thank you very much.
I would recommend using the "search" menu. There are lots of information on this site. Pretty much everything you need to know is just a click away. After that, if you have any questions, just ask. Everyone here will try to answer to the best of their ability.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Hey there bro!
They like pretty much anything! To be honest they are hardy fish! as long as they are feed right and you have a good routine of water changes and what not! I personally keep a sand base but you dont have to. This is the tip of the iceberg and i think you need the whole weekend to view all the blogs here and come to your own conclusion as to what works for you and your time constraints....As a few change there water once a month but over filter the hell out of the tank and others change very frequently...So i know the others arent being rude....AND I KNOW, WE KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN WE GOT OUR FIRST Z*BRA.....The excitment!!...almost like it was xmas!! So dont take it personal. Also these suckers live for a long time so you have some time to read on ZP.com :wink:
willison_b

Post by willison_b »

thanks for all the information! cant wait to get them!
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

jerms55555 wrote:AND I KNOW, WE KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN WE GOT OUR FIRST Z*BRA.....The excitment!!...almost like it was xmas!!
For sure!!!

I'm a newbie too, just got my first zeb about 6 months ago, have 2 now, getting a few more in a few weeks. I keep getting amazed looking at my 1st zeb and how much it has grown.

They like to hide in whatever area they can squeeze into, so provide allot of hiding spots and caves.

But yeah, do allot of reading. Plenty here to cover the basis.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

mine loves digging so the sand i have in the tank seems perfect!

sometimes i worry about the missing zebra when doing a head count and lift the driftwood i have in the tank and there is a giant pit dug out under the dw with the little one hiding in it.