Post Fry Paternal Behavior?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

TwoTankAmin

Post Fry Paternal Behavior?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Does anybody know if the father remains in the cave after kicking out the fry or if he abandons the cave? I have fry in cave with dad that I think are close to being evicted. It is very difficult to see into the back of the caves to spot fry or eggs which means I may miss the eviction and then fail to feed fry foods.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

the fry often come and go in and out of the cave for quite some time. My impression is that some dads evict them while others let them roam. If your fry is more than 30 days old, then they will be out and about at night to look for food.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Thanks McEve. They are just about that old now. I got the parents on Apr 17th and never spotted the fry until May 11, by then the yolk sacs were w/i a couple of days of being gone. I guess I better get out the frozen cyclop-eeze.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Mceve is right! I have one father that keeps them all inside! I think i fry from 3 different spawns inside! And another father that throws them all out and baits and waits for his female! :wink: