L46 breeding corydoras pantanalensis

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Collin

L46 breeding corydoras pantanalensis

Post by Collin »

Aquarium dim. 80x40x40
The biotope consists of a bare bottom with stones together with some catalpa leaves, a current pump, sponge filter and a eheim pump.
Nutrition: frozen food, Mysis/artemia/black mug/discus food and as dry food various types of Dr Bassleer.

We have a group of 7x L46 of different ages in which there is also a couple who have already had young, the young are not separated but raised in the aquarium.
In the aquarium there is also a 5 Panaqolus sp. L397 together with some shrimp

Now I have the opportunity to take over a group of 8 corydoras pantanalensis, these are about 1.5 years old with which I want to breed in the future.

Questions:
Is the combination L46 and corydoras possible, both are carnivores.
Should I adapt the biotope to the corydoras, for example sandy bottom?
Are young L46 or eggs eaten by the corydoras?
With egg deposition of the corydoras I have 2 choices:
Remove the adults and raise the brood in the same tank, or move the eggs and raise the young somewhere else.
The intention is to not separate any young but raise them in the tank, just like the L46.
Will any eggs/young be eaten by the L46
In order to get the corydoras to spawn we also need to create a dry season, does this have "consequences" for the L46

What "consequences" does the above combination have on L397, after all they are omnivorous

Are there other things we have not taken into account?
TwoTankAmin

Re: L46 breeding corydoras pantanalensis

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi-

Glad to see you posted on Planetcatfish. I did reply in your thread there.

This site tends to be slow.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.