Please help me

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

fishboy
Groupie

Please help me

Post by fishboy »

Well, my brother and i(he is paying for the fish) have decided to hold of on zebras until we find someone with 6-10 fry. So, i am thinking of doing L236 or L287. Now, he is in this for the money, and we have decided that when we get spawns, he gets 50% and i get 50% of the fry. My question is, what hypancistrus species fry after zebra fry would go the most. I think that it would be L236, which would probably go for $30 each at 1.25 inches
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

you are better off breeding bristlenose plecos they are a lot easier to breed and the demand is still very high the pricew might be in the low end but it will cover the cost with the sheer numbers per spawn, they also come in albino's with either long or short finned Good Luck
Sven T.
Groupie

Post by Sven T. »

Hi fishboy,

if you want to earn much money in short time: Buy stocks, warrants or futures.

Plecos are a hobby, and not for earning money. Therefore it's better to work.

Sven
fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

I have already bred BN. I am not in it for the money, my brother is. I have explained to him that it can take 2 years for mature plecos to breed, but have also told him that when they start breeding they sometimes won't stop. I love doing this, he just wants to know what will make more. But, i think i have found a source around here that has fry zebras
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

I don't think you can really make much money from breeding any fish unless you run fish farms in the far east (or similar areas). You can't go far wrong if you do it for the love of breeding them. Any cash is nearly always just a bonus and IME is ploughed straight back into the hobby. :wink: