Zebra wigglers problem

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Fishlover

Zebra wigglers problem

Post by Fishlover »

Hi to all.
Will be appreciate if you guys help me pass my problem.
I have a lot wild zebras and they are began spawning approx.
18 months ago.
But from each spawn from any zebra when eggs turn to the wigglers, wigglers begin to die. Very rare for no reason nothing happen with some spawn and wigglers do not die and all survive.
Water PH 7 Temp.30 C. WC twice a week 30%
Ammonia 0 nitrite 0
I kept eggs with or without fathers in caves, with or without zebras tanks but all the time the same, on 2nd day wigglers begin to die.
I’m professional discus/ angelfish Breeder (maybe no way to breed zebra with other fish).
Also I’ve changed hardness,used nitrofurazone, furazolidone, salt but didn’t help.
Thanks.

TwoTankAmin

Re: Zebra wigglers problem

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Sorry for a slow reply.

Since the problem seems to be intermitten,t my first thought is you may have either a male or female with a genetic defect. Within a group there will be a limited number of fish actually involved with spawning. Since plecos do not pair, spawning is within a given sub-group of fish. If you can pull pairs and try to spawn them, sooner or later you might discover which fish is the culprit if I am right.

I end not to suspect a disease type issue as this would argue for all wigglers succumbing mot just some. A good clue in support of the above is if it happens to complete spawns. If all the wigglers in a spawn die while all or most in another make it, tgis would strongly suggest it is a specific adult fish that is the issue.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.