zebra growth

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Bugsy
Forum Follower

zebra growth

Post by Bugsy »

In April I bought 2 young zebras, from that time I have noticed no growth in them at all. Is this normal?

They are currently in a 10 gal tank with some Amano Shrimp and 2 Zebra Snails.

I have tried veggies for them many times they will not touch it.

So I am feeding: NLS Thera A pellets, Hikari sinking wafers, Occassionally Hikari Carnivore Pellets, Hikari Algae Wafters, shrimp pellets.

I wish I could get them to eat some cucumber or zucchini but I keep trying and just taking it out everytime the next day and throwing it away.

I have looked at them and they are not thin at all, they have nice belly size not to big not to skinny but just no growth to them.
jsalas623
Groupie

Re: zebra growth

Post by jsalas623 »

Nah they r fine! They r very slow growers and will hit a couple growth spurts in the next three years. I bought 6 quarter sized and one that was like dime sized about 2 1/2 years ago and they are now about 2 1/2 in. Long now.
Bugsy
Forum Follower

Re: zebra growth

Post by Bugsy »

Okay, thank.... :)

I know they are not very big plecos when full grown so as long as their eating and still alive I guess all is well. They are just a year old so in the next few years they should have some growth to them.

Thanks again.... :D