Cannot write replies

Enter your technical questions about the forum and its use here! Technical faults and errors with the forum should also be posted here.
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Cannot write replies

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Champ-BKK Please except my apologies for high jacking your thread this is the only place the site will let me write anything.
I'm almost certain that they will remove this when hopefully someone picks this up.

SOS Message to Rob..........
Hi I am having trouble writing replies to all posts but this one and cannot do this in messages in Helpdesk or able to PM anybody.
I get the subject appear but not the box to write anything in any help would be appreciated .

Once again my apologies for jacking this thread its my only option sorry.

Jerry :oops: :oops:
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Jools
Site Admin

Re: Cannot write replies

Post by Jools »

Jerry,

I have split off your post from the topic you could reply to. First off, can you reply to this and is the problem still occurring?

If it is still occurring please try a different browser on the same PC and report back.

If reporting back, I will need to know what version of O/S (windows?) what browser (inc version).

Additionally, if you can't reply (due to this problem), then please reply to me via webmaster at zebra-pleco dot com without the hypen in the email address!

Cheers,

Jools
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Jools

As you can see I can write back to you but I'm using Internet Explorer this I do not use at all.
The one still giving me the problem is Firefox version 3.5.5.
I am using Windows XP Home version 2002 service pack 3.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I have windows XP Home and SP3 and I am using Firefox here with no issues. However, I have version 3.6.10. You can DL that version at http://www.mozilla.com/products/downloa ... lang=en-US
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
I have updated Firefox to 3.6.10 and still have the problem don't know why ?.

Jerry
Jacqueline
Groupie

Post by Jacqueline »

I had problems last year with using Firefox without updating it. Could not get reply's on Planet catfish or any were else.... Our Macintosh was to old to upgrade any software updates, solution: we bought a new computer :D
Now running on Safari's latest software, no problems. Firefox can give some problems when sites have been upgraded I've noticed.
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

I'm writing this reply in firefox 3.6.10, so the issue, we know is with your implementation of firefox on your PC. Suggest what you want to do is disable / remove add-ons one by one to see which one is causing the problem. Also all the things like javascript enabled etc etc. Any security toolbars installed in FF? It's unlikely to be a windows setting, but that would then be the course of action to check if nothing else working.

Sorry, there's nothing I can do to the site to assist.

Jools
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Jools

I have disabled and deleted everything to do with Firefox then deleted from my computer then reinstalled on my computer this has made no difference to the out come!.
Do you know the windows setting I might need to change?.
Do you or anyone know of another good browser I could use instead of Firefox,will be a shame as I get on well with it :cry: .
I will use Internet Eplorer for the while till I find a remedy for my problem(what a pain)lol.

Sorry to go the distance on this. :roll:

Jerry
John

Post by John »

Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Supported browsers for the site are IE, FF, Safari (from Apple) and Chrome (from Google). Other windows settings would be in firewall, an anti virues or similar security products and thereabouts - but if you don't know what you're doing then I'd not go messing. Make sure all patches are up-to-date, including any adobe ones. Try also ensuring all FF add-ons and extra toolbars are disabled. Ensure javascript is enabled.

Jools
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Thanks for your help Jools I have decided to give slimbrowser a go(thanks John)but use Firefox to do all other browsing ect till I try it out.

Thank you again.

Jerry
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

If you're going to do that, you could alternatively use the firefox "IE tab 2" add-on. It allows you to view selected sites within firefox but using the IE rendering engine. It will solve your problem and you don't need to change between browsers.

Addon link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/92382/

Jools
Jacqueline
Groupie

Post by Jacqueline »

We used Camino for a wile until the new macintosh arrived. That worked very well and will run when others fail.

Good luck 8)
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Jools

Thanks for that IE tab 2" works ok now in Firefox,out of all the options I have now will be ok.

Thanks once again peeps.

Jerry
saacbeser

Post by saacbeser »

We used Camino for a wile until the new macintosh arrived. That worked very well and will run when others fail.