The best article

This is just an excuse to satisfy our more competitive side. Everyone needs to take a little time out from saving the world, and have a bit of fun!!!! Watch this space!!!!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

The best article

Post by McEve »

At long last, another comp! :D

This time we would like you to write an article!

An article about anything Zebra related; examples could be building caves, husbandry, tank setups, light preferences (night light?), growth rate, deformities in frys, transportation, any theme you can think of and absolutely not limited to the examples given!!

The article should be around 500 words, great if you have pictures with it, but no must - only your imagination sets the boundary for what you'd like to write about our fav fish.

The prize this time is the best ever:
£50 worth of goods from zmsystems and £50 worth of goods from the ZP shop!! (please note that the above costs include shipping)

How to enter your article:

1. Send the article in any (Windows compatible ;)) format you'd like to catfish@qtopia.no
2. Send a PM to me with a link to your article if you prefer to publish it on the web.

Include your username in the filename if you choose option 1 so that I know which article belongs to who.

Articles can be submitted until the 28'th of Feb, the competition starts a week later, and voting will commence for 4 weeks.

The winners will be announced at the end of the first week in April.

The competition is, as usual, open for all except me, but each member can only submit one article.

The Zebrapleco team reserves the right to publish, or not to publish, any articles submitted on a permanent basis under our section "Articles" in the portal!

During the voting period all articles will be published in a specially assigned subsection to "Articles" in the portal.

Does this sound exciting?! :D Hope you all feel the author in you tingle in the tummy and that you have a topic you really burn for, and get it down in writing!

Here's your chance to get your voice and knowledge prominently published!
Last edited by McEve on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

hi

very nice idea :D but i hope that the name of the author of the articles will not be mentioned during the voting. so there will be a real chance that the ARTICLE will win ;)
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi There

Just to confirm, all articles will be annonomous during judging.

Good Luck everyone.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I'd like to extend the deadline to this competitions, as I have recieved feedback about some people working on an article but not being able to meet the deadline.

How about March 20'th as new deadline. Hope you all find this satisfactory!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Everyone

Well as you will probably be aware, the deadline for articles submittion is now gone so we have been left with the task of trawling through the thousands and thousands of articles sent in to us over the past few weeks.

Well,...... ok thats a slight exageration, to be honest there was only one article submitted, and that was by mistern2005. Luckily for us, it just happened to be an excellent article!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

So without Further Adhu, it is with great pleasure I announce what mistern2005 is the winner of our first, and by the looks of things our last, article competition!! :wink:

We are currently formatting the article for the site, so I wil update this thread as soon as we have it online.

Once again a big thank you to McEve for putting all the effort into arranging this, and congrats to Mistern2005 for the excellent article!!!!

Rob
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

mistern2005's artcle can be found HERE

Congratulations mistern2005, excellent article!

Thank you for participating in the competition :wink:
John

Post by John »

Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Post by mistern2005 »

In the spirit of PlasticMac...

I would like to than G-d, my Mom, my Dad, my two cats Reign and Max, my zebra plecos for supporting me through all this [insert Gweneth Paltrow tears here]... Finally I'd like to thank my loving wife, and kids...wait I don't have kids...

But seriously, I'd like to thank McEve and Rob for putting on the competition and giving me the chance to submit my article. It was a lot of fun and I do hope that there are more of these in the future! Thank again, I hope everyone likes (and can possibly benefit from) the article!!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

In the spirit of Hallie Berrie, ......I would like to add, that none of this would be possible without all of you (.......another sob far more exagerated and believable than gwynth's).. :wink:

In the spirit of Sam Fox and Fleetwood Mac (obviosuly for the middle aged brits)...... I would like to say.. erm....well, not quite sure...what competition are we talking about......who are you......and what the heck is a forum .... :wink:

All the above aside, no problem Mistern2005, I am sure your aritcle will help out many an infected zebra!! :wink:

Rob
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

:lol: And well deserved it was too mistern2005!

Thanks for contributing to the site :D