Hello Again Everybody

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Hello Again Everybody

Post by Tristan »

Hi guys, I suppose that I have been away for so long that I have been forgotten, SORRY. I have been working hard trying to start a photographic business.

Anyway I am back now and have sold all my fish except my discus /plecs and my zebbies. This will enable me to spend more time on two tanks rather than splitting my time over 5/6.

See you all in the forums

Tristan :)
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Welcome back Tristan. :D

It's been a long time, nice to have you back mate.

What with starting up the new business and all I guess it makes sense to cut back on the number of tanks, glad to hear that you hung onto the zebras.

Adam
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Couldn't let the zebbies go - I'd get rid of the discus way before that -sorry Sid :P

Yours bred yet Adam?
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Tristan,

It's good to hear that you are still a zebra addict. :D

I have had a total of six spawns but only nine fry have survived to date.

Both me and the zebs are still trying to figure things out. :roll:

Adam
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi Adam,

sorry to hear of the low numbers. I had a male do the same thing. He had around 12 spawns but to date only maybe ten surviving young. He currenly is not breeding for me and he stopped about 6 months. Luckily I have another group that starting breeding since then. Have you thought of finding another adult male to replace him for the time being. I still hope that my male will get back into breeding. He was rather young when he started. Maybe he is just reflecting and doing some soul searching.

Ken
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Ken,

Cheers mate, I have a feeling that the male that is responsible for the low number of fry is feeling a bit threatened by the other males in the tank. I have a few juveniles in the tank that are now starting to sex out and they appear to all be males. :roll: I'm looking at removing the young males from the tank so as to give him some peace and with any luck he will be able to successfully raise more young than he has. The Alpha male in my other breeding group seems to be more of an accomplished dad and has fathered seven fry at his second attempt, his first spawn was not fertile. I will be breaking up the groups again soon and will be looking to swap some males around.

Sorry to hear that you also have a male that produces a low number of fry. Hopefully when he starts up again after he is done finding himself he will be more successful than he has been so far. :wink:

There has been a real clamour for females recently, personally I think that having a sufficient number of males is just as important. From experience to date not all males are good fathers so if you have a number of them you can swap them around until you find one that displays good parental skills.

Thanks for the advice.

Adam
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Welcome back Tristan

Good to see you again.

:lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"