hi i am loki from southern ontario

Hmmm...what else can I say!
loki

hi i am loki from southern ontario

Post by loki »

:angel: hi I am a new person to this site. I live in Southern Ontario Canada. I was pleasantly surprised to come across this site. I have been keeping fish for the last 10 years without any serious problems. I do not have any plecos at this time but would like to get info on LO46 as possible future fish. Perhaps also try to breed them but before I can even consider that I can see I will require a lot of species info. This is my first forum. I am new to computers, so please be patient with me.
TwoTankAmin

Re: hi i am loki from southern ontario

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome to the site- this is a great place to learn about zebras. You might want to start by reading the articles in the Species Info and Breeding areas.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Lots of great information and helpful people on here, welcome :)
John

Post by John »

Welcome loki :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Tankfull Tropicals
Forum Follower

fellow Canuck

Post by Tankfull Tropicals »

loki wrote::angel: hi I am a new person to this site. I live in Southern Ontario Canada. I was pleasantly surprised to come across this site. I have been keeping fish for the last 10 years without any serious problems. I do not have any plecos at this time but would like to get info on LO46 as possible future fish. Perhaps also try to breed them but before I can even consider that I can see I will require a lot of species info. This is my first forum. I am new to computers, so please be patient with me.
Howdy Loki; I'm a fellow Canuck on Vancouver Island. I'm only 2 days old here too but welcome. I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase 7 young wild L046 Zebras about a yr ago as well as 4 other groups of nice Plecos. They were TOO exspensive to get up here with customs and duty and all but out of 24 fish I only lost 1 Wood eatting Panaque. I hope to start breeding 5 or 6 species. I was forced to retire early due to a brain tumor. Got it removed finaly but I can no longer work so needed a bigger fish project to keep me focused. I also am new to this computer stuff but I plug away at it anyway. I've been keeping and breeding fish for 40+ yrs and still love it. :)
" Always be Tankfull "
Doug White
Forum Follower

Post by Doug White »

Welcome Loki, I too reside in southern Ontario, Pickering to be exact. I have been breeding Zebra plecos for a number of years now and would be happy to provide you with as much assistance that I can.
Regards Doug White
loki

fish interactions

Post by loki »

hi this is loki sorry . I have not replied to messages sooner but I was having some weather related illness from about 2and a half weeks back. But I picked up messages tonight and was pleased to see some replies.
Maybe someone can help me. At present I have a 33 gallon aquarium it houses a four inch loach I have had for several years ,5 blue, and 5 gold gouramis plus some guppies. My water quality is perfect, I have it done periodically by a pet store I trust. I am planning to move up to a bigger aquarium in the next year will I be able to keep my Loach and a zebra together?
I have been reading up but I have not been able to find an answer. Can you help me with the interactions of these fish. Thank you.
John

Re: fish interactions

Post by John »

loki wrote:will I be able to keep my Loach and a zebra together?
Sorry, the answer to that is no, there has been reports of loaches killing zebs so i would advice not to take the risk .
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Fern
Obsessed!!

Post by Fern »

If you are planning on moving everyone else into a larger tank that 33g will be perfect for a small colony of zebras.
Most folks keep them by themselves mainly due to the sheer cost of them.......
loki

Post by loki »

thanks for the info on not putting my loach with a zebra. I will do more reading on the species and breeding. luckily I am a person who takes my time when organizing a new project, in this case setting up a zebra tank . It will be at least 6 months to a year. but thanks for your help!