Greetings From Torrance

Hmmm...what else can I say!
andrewtbarbara

Greetings From Torrance

Post by andrewtbarbara »

My name is Andy, and I feel so blessed to find this site. I stumbled across the Zebra's today, and instantly fell in love. I finally after years of wanting, talked my wife into getting a tank for the house about 6 months. It is populated mostly with Goldfish. After seeing a Zebra today though, I really would like to give a go at breeding them. As I said I am a newbie, and would love any and all advice that anyone would love to offer. My fish store is selling them for a good chunk of money which I am fine with, but from what I've heard, there is no guarantee they will spawn?

Sorry, back to me, I am thirty years old, live in Torrance California with my four year old son, and wife of three years. In April I joined the ten percent of unemployed workers in Ca. I am currently playing Mr. Mom which I thouroughly enjoy. I worked 3 jobs while she was pregnant until my son was three so she could stay home. As I left for work at 6am, and returned at 11.30pm Monday-Saturday, I missed a lot of his young life. Now I get to make up for lost time, and hang out with my best friend.

I'm very interested in breeding for a new hobby, and would love any help. If anyone has some they would like to sell, I am extremely interested. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!
TwoTankAmin

Re: Greetings From Torrance

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi Andy and welcome to the site. It is very easy to get bitten by the zebra bug, however they are not the ideal first tropical fish. I would strongly suggest you get some experience with plecos and how they spawn etc. by starting with something much easier and way less expensive- bristlenose plecos. Working with them will give you time to learn about plecos and their spawning habits plus any mistakes or problems will not end up costing you $100s.

I would also suggest you begin your zebra education by reading over the articles here in the Species Info and Articles areas.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Andy

Definately one of the best introductions we have had on teh forum so far!!

I tend to agree with Twotank about getting a less expensive plec to start with, however if you are determined to go for the zebras then have a good look through the site first, and ask as many questions as you want :-)

Good luck

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Hiya and welcome to the forum :)
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

A big welcome to the site & goodluck with what ever Pleco you decide to start with :)
John

Post by John »

Welcome andrewtbarbara :)

Getting some "plecobreedingfeeling" with a cheaper species like TTA said might be a good idea, it def gives you experience at a affordable price.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
mikeyboy
Obsessed!!

Post by mikeyboy »

hi and welcome :D