Hello from the West Midlands

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Hello from the West Midlands

Post by Joby »

I'm Joanne and been breeding bettas for the last 3 years. Recently decided to stop breeding splendens and try simplex and also to concentrate on my plecs and corys. I have wanted to own zebras since seeing some in Shirley Aquatics 3 years ago but my partner would not allow me to have any as they were £55 each :roll: So I have waited and waited and now I feel I am ready to have a go at owning these beauties :luw:

I have been reading the information on the site with interest and feel I have a grasp of the basics required for them but I wonder if there is anyone within a sensible travelling distance of me in the West Midlands that would be prepared to let me see their set up and talk about how they care for own zebra collection so I can get this right from the beginning :wink:

Most importantly I want to know how many I should start off with as I'm sure they love to be in groups but exactly how small can this group be without me needing to re-mortgage the house :shock:
John

Post by John »

Welcome Joby :)

3 and up i would consider a group :wink:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D Welcome :D
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

A big welcome to the site Joby :).

You'll find lots of tank sets up through out the site if you have a hunt :wink:
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Thanks for the welcomes and yes 3 sounds like a good starting point. Assume I can always add to the group in the future with care :roll:

Been looking at some of the set ups and finding it very useful thanks everyone for the information :D
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi Jo, pleased to meet you! Whereabouts in the midlands do you live? You said on another site that you live very near me!
These are beautiful little babes!
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

bonsai wrote:Hi Jo, pleased to meet you! Whereabouts in the midlands do you live? You said on another site that you live very near me!
About 20-30 mins drive :roll:
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Now I'm getting worried! :shock:
These are beautiful little babes!
zebfan

Post by zebfan »

Hi Jo,

I am from wolves!! But now live in herts. Nice to see a few fellow midlanders on here ( she said typing from the south!!)

I have to say the fishkeeping/breeding has taken a new turn for me. I too am everso besotted with these adorable and amazing plecs. I have tank set up waiting for me to collect my 3 on saturday :D :lol:

Cant wait!!!

Jo, just a quick favour, could you pop to bilston and get me a bag of majors chips please. I have been away for just 4 yrs and i really miss them :P
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Hiya Zebfan :)

Look forward to hearing how your 3 zebs settle in once collected :D

Think the chips would be cold by the time they got to Herts :roll:
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

this is turning into the SmithRC Zebra club :D :D
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
John

Post by John »

smithrc wrote:this is turning into the SmithRC Zebra club :D :D
Allready thought you were advertising:

Buy 3 zebra's and get a free zebrapleco.com membership :lol:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

I'll be stopping after these 5 are collected - at least for a little while ;)

Its good to see the new owners on here though - I get to see them grow up :oops:
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

welcome
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
zebfan

Post by zebfan »

Hi Smithrc,

you will definately get to see them growing up. I have got 7 now including the 3 i got from you. They have all settled in really well. I am waiting on some slate caves that i have ordered off ebay, but let me know as and when you make some more.

I have just been sitting watching them eat..... they are totally adorable.

Had a bit of a refit to their tank and got an external filter put in there today, still running the old filters alongside and have taken some of the old media out of the cycled tanks.

I have now got 5 tanks running!! My house is getting to look like a aquatic shop. I did manage to get my hands on an L236, had a good look through the aqualog and its identical to one marked up as an 236, but evertone on PF disagreed :o

I will post some photos as soon as i have managed to get some decent ones, my digital camera doesnt seem to like taking close ups!!

Thanks again Russell, they are great. And for anyone who is looking to buy any from you i would highly recommend it!! He is a great guy to deal with :D