Who am I?

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Who am I?

Post by Rob »

hi.

Well, I'm Rob, (rather embarrasingly named Doctorzeb, elswhere), and as you have probably figured out, I keep the odd fish. A four foot community tank and a fish room, with a few zebra's.

I'm an engineer based in Southwest Scotland, and I'm in the process of renovating an old house. I first set up www. zebrapleco.com , on the back of my business website, www.qems.biz , over a year ago. After 6 months I changed the format, as I had been reliably told the formatting and design was awful. Hence the new site.

I hope you will find this site useful, and with any luck we can try to ensure these little critters are sustained in captivity.

Rob
clint8
Forum Follower

G'day from down under

Post by clint8 »

Well, hi Rob...hope this glorius forum would be as successful as the Zebra spawnings :D

Quick intro.....names Clint from good ole Oz. At the moment all i'm keeping are catties and some oddballs. Have a fish room with about 20 tanks largest one being 6'x2'x2'. Have 10 beautiful L046 in a tank of their own and i guess there are still growing out.....probably about 1.5years old.
Will be frequenting the forum to learn more from the experts.... :P

Go the Zebs....

Cheers,
Clint
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Clint. How you doin mate, glad you could join!

How did you manage to get your hands on Zebra's in OZ?

Rob
texguppyman

Howdy from Texas

Post by texguppyman »

Great to have a forum to discuss this wonderful fish. I personally have not even seen one in person but I will some day. I really like their color and behaviors. I live in Texas and have a few tanks set up. The largest a 55 gal and am in the process of researching plans for a 200+ plywood tank. I have recently begun trying to breed my own stain of guppies.
clint8
Forum Follower

Post by clint8 »

Glad to be on board Rob.

Well getting those Zeb's weren't easy.....cost an arm and a leg!!!!! :lol:
I guess you have to be a catfish fanatic to do what we do down here!!!!! :evil: :wink:

Cheers,
Clint
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi clint
Well getting those Zeb's weren't easy.....cost an arm and a leg
I bet it did. Not that we're obsessed or anything!!! :lol:
Discusion
Forum Follower

Post by Discusion »

Nice forum Rob :D

I am 30 years old, live in Norway, Bergen. I`m working as a salesmann for a sporting company. married, and we are waiting for our first cild in january :lol:

For one year ago I started up with aquarium again :D And I now have a 190 liters tank with 7 zebras in the livingrom. And in our bedroom we have two 70 liters were we breed ancistrus sp. They produce up too 100 new litle ancistrus ewery month :shock:
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Hi Rob

Thanks for getting this site up. I currently have 8 zebras and thanks to your site and the odd email t yourself (I'm that strange women who keeps bugging you for fry in Derby :oops: ) I now have a male and female in a cave together for the first time!

Anyway looking forward to meeting likeminded zebra fans and sharing experiences.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Thanks for setting up this site. I am sure it will bring great pleasure to those zebra fans in the UK and abroad. I hope that between us we can breed these beautiful fish and perhaps reduce the numbers being taken out of the wild, if there habitat is going to be around much longer!!

Look forward to sharing advice and tips with everyone here

Tristan