Hello from Canada!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
urchysj

Hello from Canada!

Post by urchysj »

Hi.
As a kid, the first fish I ever bought was a pair of bronze cory catfish. I didn't know very much about fishkeeping back then, so I had high fish losses. I killed just about everything I had. My water was very bad...hard and full of iron. Strange thing...this pair of cories were the first 2 in, and the LAST fish out when I quit the hobby at that time. AND...they even spawned on the tank glass! (Once) My mom made me scrape them off and dispose of them. :cry:
Never had trouble with those catfish, but the common pleco I had died. Anyway, I now know I did an incredible amount of things wrong back then. I moved many times, so did not have fish. I just re-entered the hobby in May of this year! :shock: (I'm 31 now)
I have read a TON of stuff. So far behind and so many new ways of doing things...so much more info.
I first got into Rainbows and raised a few hatches.
Then I got into trouble...I saw a picture of the Zebra pleco on the cover of a fish mag. I asked my pet store to order it! Ha ha. Of course they said it would cost me too much, etc.
So, I tried to order some myself from a crappy company in California...seven...4 were DOA in the bag, and the other 3 died shortly after...and they were covered in ICK! I had to pay more money and am still waiting for my "replacements".
Anyway, with a stroke of luck, I found a site that sold "young adults" for CAN$40 each. I bought all they were willing to sell...I got 24 of them! :lol:
AND...I believe my stock came from Mr. B. Robert. I live very close to Edmonton/St. Albert, and who else has so many "captive bred" Zebras? Speculation only. Anyway, HELLO to everyone, and Rob...I love your website!!! :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi urchysj

Glad to hear you're back inot the hobby, and glad you like the website.

Hopefully the forum will help me progress it a little more, with inprut from the likes of yourself.

cheers

rob