Hello from Greece!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
husky_jim
Obsessed!!

Hello from Greece!

Post by husky_jim »

Hello to all zebra lovers here!My name is Jim and i am from greece.I have mostly predatory fish,discus and ofcourse A LOT of CATFISH!!!!! :lol: My collection includes the following.....

8 x Pygocentrus Nattereri
1 x Serrasalmus Gouldingi
3 x Tetraodon Suvattii
1 x Takifugu Ocellatus
1 x Channa Micropeltes

and here are my catfish.....

4 x L046
2 x L190
1 x L27
3 x L165
2 x LDA31
4 x L183
2 x Platydoras costatus
C.Metae ,C.Julii ,C.Aeneus ,C.Panda ,C.Agassizi,C.Sterbai

Zebras are my biggest love and i try to breed them the last 10 months.I had a great loss in the past summer of 2 of my females (due to a filter malfunction) just after the end of the dry-seasson simulation and for my bad luck they were both full of well developed eggs (ready to be borned).I will post some pics later on.
Now i have 2 Males and 2 smaller zebras (not sure about their gender yet).
I am planning on getting 2-4 new speciments during the next 2 months but it is very difficult to find here....

Once again,nice to find you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

p.s. and something that i forgot!I 've notice that i have member number 46!!!!I take it as a goos sign!!! :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Husky Jim and welcome to the forum.

That's an impressive collection you have, nice to see quite a few L numbers in there. Sorry to hear about the loss of your two females, lets hope you find some replacements soon.Hmmmmm, member number 46 that's sure to be a good omen.

Good luck with the zebras and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi husky-jim

Glad you found the forum. Must agree with Adam, very impressive collection of L No's there, that must be quite a set up you have.

Hope the forum is sueful to you, and with any luck you'll be breeding zerbas in no time.

As for being meber no. 46, I wish I could send you a prize, but I don't think a zebra fry would make it through the post!!! :lol:
cheers

rob :lol:
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Welcome to the mad house Husky Jim ................enjoy
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Welcome to the forum Jim :D
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Husky Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
Nice collection you have there.How many tanks do you have?
How long have you had your zebras?.
You had better get any new zebras sooner than later as I have heard that a complete ban on their export is very imminent.
Regards,
Des. :lol:
husky_jim
Obsessed!!

Post by husky_jim »

thanks for your welcome guys!!! :wink:

***Adam: There are some zebras available here but they have outrageous price! 422,52 Euros each!!!! I think that this is the most expensive price for zebras in the world!

p.s.They are juvenile and captive breed.

***Rob: Don't temped me.I will come there to pick them myself.... :lol:

***Des: I have many tanks even in the kitchen but now i am building a 'fish-room'.I have heard about the 'ban' thing and i am very worried.What do you guys think for the Zebra future?

p.s. Yesterday i got a pair of Ancistrus Taboencis.(the "family" is growing :D )

Here some pics from my dead females displaying the eggs.Believe me i was crying that day and it was a very "painfull" procedure to cut them.... :cry:

female1....

both females.....
[b]Jim[/b]
[url=http://www.aquazone.gr][img]http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1129493122/tn_gallery_1075_67_7031.jpg[/img][/url]
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

what sup jim. nice to see you here. also sorry about your females.
how did you conclude that it was a filter malfunction?
i read on other forums that it was becterial infection
husky_jim
Obsessed!!

Post by husky_jim »

du ma wrote:what sup jim. nice to see you here. also sorry about your females.
how did you conclude that it was a filter malfunction?
i read on other forums that it was becterial infection
Nice to see you also here man.After several tests from water i kept before i did the 90% water change in order to save the rest i concluded that there was a "dropping" ammount of ammonia in the water.After that i checked the damn Ecco filter and i saw the output was 1/3 of normal but cause of the panic i was i clean it imediately and didn't think that this was the cause.
A month ago i saw on the net that ammonia spikes can cause the Hemmoragic Septicemia that cause the death of my fish and not only bacteria.
Now that i have 'learned my lesson' i have an EHEIM 2217 (1000lt/hour) for a 100littre tank......
[b]Jim[/b]
[url=http://www.aquazone.gr][img]http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1129493122/tn_gallery_1075_67_7031.jpg[/img][/url]