Hi there!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
mysticalnet

Hi there!

Post by mysticalnet »

Hello, my name is Ash from Vancouver, Canada and I recently got two zebra plecos and love them! I have yet lots to learn from this forum so I hope to able to always read most of the articles and tips!

Here are some pictures of my plecos to start:

Can anyone tell the gender of the zebras? I am not very good at sexing them.

And this is where the zebra plecos are living, before I switched the UG to Dwarf hair grass, will take an updated picture soon.
TwoTankAmin

Re: Hi there!

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome to the site.

That is a lovely tank but not really ideal for zebras. Have a quick read here to get an idea of how they normally live http://www.zebrapleco.com/core/zebra_pleco_habitat.php

It looks like you may have a pair. The fat one looks to be a female with eggs. But these fish are cave spawners and I see no caves in the tank.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
mysticalnet

Post by mysticalnet »

TwoTankAmin wrote:Welcome to the site.

That is a lovely tank but not really ideal for zebras. Have a quick read here to get an idea of how they normally live http://www.zebrapleco.com/core/zebra_pleco_habitat.php

It looks like you may have a pair. The fat one looks to be a female with eggs. But these fish are cave spawners and I see no caves in the tank.
Thanks! I hope that they are a pair. The filter I have for the tank is rated for a 90G, which is very strong for a 30G actually. As for the caves, the waterfall structure on the right is actually a cave too that has compartments. As well as under the red/purple plants on the left, there are a few caves that are hidden from sight,
logavanig

Post by logavanig »

hi.. welcome to this site.
nancy19

Post by nancy19 »