Starting again. L046 :-)

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Zebinski

Starting again. L046 :-)

Post by Zebinski »

Hi there.

I'm a long time lurker but not new to Zebra Plecos. I had a group of 5 that I had to sell due to financial difficulties at the height of the global financial crisis back in 2008. Anyway enough sob stories....

I'm back and I've started to accumulate another group of L046. I've got two 4/5cm juveniles housed with some Super Blue Emperor Tetras, cardinal tetras, Celestial Pearl Danios, cherry shrimp, blue velvet shrimp.

So far so good... managed to fatten them up a little in the 2 weeks that I've had them. They don't appear to be shy like my group from a few years ago.
They actually come out to feed and fight with the tetras :lol:

Anyway looking forward to getting to know some of you. Maybe we can make this place what it once used to be. :army:
littlerock
Forum Follower

Re: Starting again. L046 :-)

Post by littlerock »

good luck with your new group. I find the juvis arn't as shy as the adults. I've got one juvi in with 9 adults ( and numerous babies ). The juvi thinks he runs the tank :lol: I bought that juvi at Maidenhead aquatics in Ashtead. He is the best looking zeb I have - fins have an extremely bright blue tinge to them ( as opposed to subtle tinge on the rest of the group ). Wonder who the breeder is as I'm assuming they live somewhere nearby ( Surrey ).
Zebinski

Re: Starting again. L046 :-)

Post by Zebinski »

littlerock wrote:good luck with your new group. I find the juvis arn't as shy as the adults. I've got one juvi in with 9 adults ( and numerous babies ). The juvi thinks he runs the tank :lol: I bought that juvi at Maidenhead aquatics in Ashtead. He is the best looking zeb I have - fins have an extremely bright blue tinge to them ( as opposed to subtle tinge on the rest of the group ). Wonder who the breeder is as I'm assuming they live somewhere nearby ( Surrey ).
Hi there,

I got mine from a shop in Eastbourne, don't know if that's any use to you (bloodline etc...) mine also have a bright blue tinge to them. What do you feed your lot?

What did the one you got from maidenhead aquatics cost you if you don't mind me asking? When I was looking around, some ridiculous prices were being asked for juveniles. £135-199 :shock: