moving day. trasport of zeb

Anything from making a cave, to building a fishroom, this is the place to post.
civicr
Obsessed!!

moving day. trasport of zeb

Post by civicr »

i thought id post this topic in here as it may be useful to other if they ever have to transport tthere fish to your new home.

Recently i had to move my house which meant i big nightmare for me as i had to move the zebs,(nothing more stressful on movong day)i had to plan this weeks in advance to get it right as with over ££££S of fish to move i did not want my zebs to stress

to start with i decided i had to move the zebs on moving day as i didnt want to stress and move the zebs move than once in a few days the tank was over 300l of water which you have to empty to near empty to even to beging to catch the zebs

i just clasped my zebs into my hand to move them witch proved less stressful than a net

i used a 25l cool box which was going to be the zebs tempery home until i moved house,them i got 3 25l water drums what contained the zeb tank water for the new tank,and i used a digital temp gauge to keep an eye on water temp

to keep the canisterfilter going i unpluged it then set it up into the cool box to keep the media alive also in the box i used a small heater and air stone,so basicly its a tank set up in a cool box,so i could put the zens in there al;so give me time to empty the tank catch the zebs plus get other things ready for moving.,

once in the new house i set up the cool box set up again which again gave me time to set my new tank up plus also give time to heat the water in new tank.the zebs were hapy in the cool box for that period and there was minimal water temp loss

most stressful thing i did on moving day gurrrrrrrrr lol

sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Yup , the old trusty cool box , used one for years shifting discus about , they are great
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
kwakermad

Post by kwakermad »

I always use a cool box to move my fish around but in all that time Ive never had it set up so well as this. glad to hear the move went well.