Forum upgrade

Please keep an eye on this are for any site announcements or news.
Jools
Site Admin

Forum upgrade

Post by Jools »

All,

Things have been pretty stable at zebrapleco.com and specifically the forum for some time. We've quietly patched the forum software and keep things ticking over. However, sometimes bigger things come along and the much anticipated version PHPBB version 3.1 was released at the end of October. We will be upgrading to that version in the coming week. Primarily we are updating to ensure we stay ahead of the game in terms of security and ease of use as well as making the forum easier to use on tablets and 'phones.

More here soon.

Meantime, here's what the chaps at PHPBB thing is good about the new release: https://www.phpbb.com/about/launch/ .

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Re: Forum upgrade

Post by Jools »

An update.

The database has been upgraded and the forum is up and running. I still need to hook up the front page to show latest posts and also I need to implement a layout and style consistent with the rest of ZP. Most of the work is done, it's just the fiddly stuff that remains...

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Update 2. I've fixed up the front page so that it shows the latests topics. Now the fun begins as I develop a "new" style to essentially make the new pages (have you tried looking at them on a phone or tablet?) consistent with the zebrapleco look/feel.

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Update 3. All existing navigation functionality is restored. The style ("look and feel") is still a fair bit off where it was / I want it but not much more to do now.

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

4th, and I hope/think, final update. The forum styles have been amended and we're done.

Additionally, I've fixed a donation link problem on the front page (rest of the site was working), standardised the main top menu options across the site, tidied up all the articles and implemented new anti-spam forum registration questions to avoid 'bots spamming the forum.

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

And finally, the tapatalk plug-in has been updated for forum access on smartphones / tablets.

All done for now but please do report any issues if you find them.

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Today we are upgrading the forum from V3.1.3 to V3.1.6, there should not be many changes, just small improvements and some security patches etc.

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Today we are upgrading the forum from V3.1.6 to 3.1.8 - mostly security patches to help with the recent increase in SPAM registration attempts.

Jools