Unusual Specimen!!!

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Unusual Specimen!!!

Post by Rob »

Hi Guys

Check this out. I get an import list issueed to me by an amazonian exporter and he has e-mailed me this. Certainly unusual!!!

Apparently it is a new for of LITHOXUS sp, anyone recognise it from past experience?

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Ok let me re-phrase this one then..... who would have one of these in their tank ?

it is definately one of the most unusual plecs I have ever seen.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I think it's a great looking fish. A bit scary maybe, but I like it! Is it an aggressive species? It looks well tooled up, but it could all be for show(?). Nice fish though, I'd probably have one if I had the right tank.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I was about to say that this fish would probably appeal to men more than women, but I have to take that back now :lol: It does look agressive, but I'm sure it's probably not, not many catfish are very agressive..... It looks to me as though it would fit those that like oscar, Arrowana and Piranah for some reason, but all this is just because I'm an old and prejudiced I'm sure :lol:

I don't think I would like to keep it myself, even though it's an interesting speciment!
Adam

Post by Adam »

McEve wrote:oscar, Arrowana and Piranah
Now your talking McEve. :lol: I would love to have a great big Asian Arrowana, I guess that makes me typical of my gender. I would also have a couple of those plecs, as well as being tooled up have you noticed the "combat" green camouflage colouring. 8)
husky_jim
Obsessed!!

Post by husky_jim »

Adam wrote:
McEve wrote:oscar, Arrowana and Piranah
Now your talking McEve. :lol: I would love to have a great big Asian Arrowana, I guess that makes me typical of my gender. I would also have a couple of those plecs, as well as being tooled up have you noticed the "combat" green camouflage colouring. 8)
I have an arowana,i have 4 different piranha spieces so this fish is MINE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[b]Jim[/b]
[url=http://www.aquazone.gr][img]http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1129493122/tn_gallery_1075_67_7031.jpg[/img][/url]
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Hey... I was first! :lol:
Lampy
Forum Follower

Post by Lampy »

looks kinda like the L244, which reminds me of the L235 I had... black ans white spotted pleco... sold in an instant when we brought it to an ACA convention. A fish that pictures never did it justice.. but we could have sold a dozen of them in person...

and yes.. a guy bought him :lol:
[url]http://www.frybabies.com[/url]
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

LOOKS LIKE ME AFTER A NITE OUT LOL
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by