Chocolate!!!

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Chocolate!!!

Post by Rob »

Does anyone else out there think that chocolate bars are getting smaller?

I'm sure a mars bar used to be about the size of a kingsize, and a Cadbury's cream egg used to be big enough to eat in two mouthfulls!

Rob :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Absolutely! I've even complained to the company that makes my favourite, but they deny it! But I'm on to them - it used to be a sqaure of toffee in the chocolate, now it's a rectangle, half the size, and the chocolate is flat, whereas it used to round. And it's easy to tell on the flavour! It's not the same.

I'm very upset about it :evil:

messing with my fav chocolate....... *mumble* *grumble*
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

My gripe is with a chocolate called a Curlywurly. As a child this was the height of getting treat. Then.... to my dissapointment I tried to get one some time ago. To my horror I realsied that I could fit half of it in my mouth at once!!!!!!!!!

Obviously being larger than I was at the age of 8, I put this down to the fact that I'm now a n apparent "Grown-up". But alas I was wrong.........we are being conned out of our hard earned pennies for an inferior and smaller product.

And I'm not even going to mention the amount of Jam they put in JAmmy Dodgers!!!!! :cry: :wink:

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Adam

Post by Adam »

The problem with smaller sized portions is not only confined to chocolates. I was horrified to find out how many crisps I got in a packet of walkers I opened the other day :evil:. I remember when a packet of crisps was almost the equivalent to a small meal now it's barely even a snack.

On the subject of biscuits, jaffa cakes definately have less of that gooey orange stuff in them. I remember when almost the whole top of the biscuit was made of this stuff now its just a small lump on top :evil:.

Another thing flakes are definately not as flaky as they use to be. What's going on??!!!?
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Yes, but even though Curly Wurlys are smaller, they've done something to the chocolate coating that means that it doesn't all fall off into your lap when you bite it. That's a good thing, isn't it? :wink: