What is it about us people...

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

What is it about us people...

Post by McEve »

martj
Groupie

Post by martj »

:rotfl:
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I think we have a natural reaction in the brain it comes from the sick git gland :fishslap: :rotfl:
Last year we were avoiding our boss at work (My mate diane and me hiding in a very large building) we ran down a staircase and Diane tripped and hit her nose on a door frame it broke and blood was everywhere I started laughing don't know why but I could'nt stop even the next day when I saw her with a plaster on her nose and black eyes I rucked up I think it is a natural reaction laugthter is a cure for eveything and it feel so good. :lol: :lol:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

That's not very kind, Jo! Diana will get her own back one day, you wait and see! :twisted:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

As very often is the case there's a perfectly natural reason for this reaction. If you get scared, as you would when you see somebody getting hurt, or is about to get hurt, you get an adrenalin rush to prepare the body to getinto a flight or raction state.

But if the brain knows (or has reason to belive) there is no risk of really being harmed, it experiences this adrenaline rush as enjoyable, so you start laughing.

"Young children may overestimate the risk of harm and experience true 'fear.' When that happens you see the child cling to a parent and cry, convinced there's a very real chance of harm," Rudd told LiveScience. On the other hand, "adults may well scream but quickly follow it with a laugh since they readily recognize there's no chance for real harm."

People get paid to study these kind of things :lol:

Perfectly normal reaction though ;)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Are you one of these weirdo's?
These are beautiful little babes!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

pardon? :|
martj
Groupie

Post by martj »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi Eve, well you did post the artical so I just wondered :wink: I know you're not really, only winding you up :lol:
These are beautiful little babes!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

;)