I wonder?

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
bonsai
Obsessed!!

I wonder?

Post by bonsai »

Hi guys, have any of you had one of these? He was the size of a saucer (well, that was just his shell :shock: ) He kept escaping from his tank, and surprisingly lived for nearly ten years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are beautiful little babes!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Bonsai,

I haven't but my brother rather likes large crustaceans. He has had some rainbow crabs and a couple of Australian red claw crayfish. They are interesting creatures but as you say they are escape artists. I don't fancy meeting one of those wondering around the house at night. :shock: This is why my brother had to part with his last crayfish. It was a male and it was constantly trying to escape from its tank, I guess it was looking for a mate.

I used to watch my brother's cray rearranging the "furniture" in its tank. It was strong enough to move big chunks of slate and rock around the tank. It was also an eating machine this thing was constantly hungry.

That crab of yours lived a long time.

Adam
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

Hehe crabs are cool creatures.We hade in the job mangrove crabs for aquarium.Like to escape to :)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi Adam, I wonder if he had the same problems as we did? We tried putting a heater and pump in with him, (waste of time though. He just clawed his way through the wiring, so causing the water to turn black :shock: ) And one morning, he came across our Bree on one of his walkabouts and she wasn't impressed with it! (Mind you, it was waving its claws about!)
These are beautiful little babes!