Simon Cowell gets a shock

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Simon Cowell gets a shock

Post by McEve »

Lucy
Groupie

Post by Lucy »

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy <><
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Simon Cowell is turning out to be a nice guy in the show :shock: Why isn't he like this on pop idol?, by the way Paul could go on to win 8)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I guess he has a genuine admiration for a good voice, and gets really upset when he hears a bad one :oops:

Paul just blew me away, he's right up there with the best, even better than Bochelli from the little I heard of paul. Will be great to see if this can be his breakthrough :) I have a thing for the underdog, and would love to see that happen :happy:
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

I really think he's got a soft spot, esp. for the little girl who sang "over the rainbow" :P :rose: Amanda did, she had tears in her eyes :cloud9:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

here's paul in the semi final

Connie is very sweet, and Dominic has an outstanding voice too, but I really do think paul deserves this one :happy:

I'm crossing my fingers for him! It's the darndest thing that we don't get to see this show here! :x
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi McEve, I'm undecided :? I do like Paul (guessed they would change his image) but Connie is very sweet :angel: , I bet it'll be between them in the final! Fingers crossed for them both :cheers:
These are beautiful little babes!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

But Connie's too young for this really.... she's got the future ahead of her :D Same as for Dominic, he's got a bright future as well. they've both been noticed now and will be followed up.

like one of the judges said, they're looking for the unassuming person with an ordinary life, that's got an extraordinary talent that's not been reqognized.

this would be Pauls chanse after half a life time of not being noticed :) He doesn't have that many years to make it on either, 20 tops.

this is his chanse! Please vote for him on my behalf :lol:
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi McEve, If Connie does win then her parents could easily put it aside in the bank :roll: & I won't be voting, unless you can text in. I might decide to vote for Paul, I dunno yet :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

bonsai wrote:Hi McEve, If Connie does win then her parents could easily put it aside in the bank
I wasn't thinking about the money... more of the personal benefit and how it will affect you life to win a competition like this.... For a 6-year old I think they will have to thread very carefully as not to make it a negative impact on her, no matter whether she wins or come second or third...
Adam

Post by Adam »

I missed this one, need to start watching more TV perhaps. Paul won in the end, well deserved. As for Connie she has a fantastic voice and she's only six. :shock:

What an amazing raw talent Paul has, just imagine if he gets some professional training. He's not quite in Andrea Bocelli's league, for me anyway, but he isn't far off. Bocelli's Con Te Partiro still fills me with emotion when I hear it. :cry:

Adam
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

I still say little Connie should have won :( Did you watch X-factor last year, thought Shane Ward was Brill! Wonder what kind of talent will be on the next series, which starts in August!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I believe it was really close in the end, bookies had her as the favourite to win. She is still so young, time is on her side. I'm pretty sure she will make it someday. As McEve said the clock was ticking for Paul, this could probably have been his last oppotunity to get noticed. Although Connie didn't win I'm sure being on TV has helped to get her noticed.

I missed the last series of X-factor. I have to admit that I don't watch much TV. :oops:

Adam
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote:Bocelli's Con Te Partiro still fills me with emotion when I hear it. :cry:
That is one beautiful song isn't it, it really tugs at the heart strings and make me cry every time I hear it too :happy:

Paul doesn't quite have the stamina that Bochelli does, so he's still cutting the vocals a bit short, but give him time and training and I'll bet he'll rectify that :D but your right, still not quite up to par with Bochelli.

When that's said, none of them come up to par with the three tenors yet, Bochelli might rival Carreras, which was nr three of the three in my opinion, but he also had quite an ordeal behind him, that interferred quite heavily with his career... The world still doesn't have a new Pavarotti though, as I'm aware of? :?

The greatest opera singer is supposed tp be a woman, an asian woman I can't remember the name of. She could span 8 octaves, the highest note not detectebal by the human ear :lol: So there's today trivia for you :lol:

I much prefer to listen to the boys though ;)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi Eve, do you mean Maria Callas! There was someone on Star in their Eyes (another talent show :roll: ) And she won!