what kind of music do you like?

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

John wrote: And i am a couple of years older then 35 :oops:
Don't worry John, so am I... just a few..... :embarrassed:

Ahem, better get back to topic before this gets uncomfortable :loldude:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

I am still trying to cling onto my youth (at 32) with Placebo, and more recently a little bit of Paulo Nutini and the Pigeon Detectives ;-) :music:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

we supported the pidgeon detectives in leeds, they we're a class act!

im only 23 :lol:
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

I listen to just about anything except dance music!
Rock music will always be my favourite though, especially the likes of Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden etc. I don't mind some of the newer rock bands but no comparison to the older stuff.
I can safely say though, that I will never tire of listening to Elvis! :)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

I LOVE Gareth Gates version of Suspicious Minds, (mind you, I liked Gaz. he was HOT :luw: )
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Don't know if everyone may find it lame but I really don't have a preference to a certain style of music. I love music from rock, country, soul, pop, jazz, dance, classical, and easy listening. And even Anime and movie sound tracks.

There is so much music out there that I am very open to all of it. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of hard, hard rock like Gwar, but I will listen to it. Rap has its limits with me also, but I can appreciate the artists who have a talent for it.

Right now, I'm stuck on Jason Mraz, Raul Midon, and Joss Stone. Mainly because their albums can keep me going through the pile of work on my desk. If you ever want to see some talent, do a search for Raul Midon on youtube.com, I got to see him live out here and he was amazing!

- Angela
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I don't see anything weird or lame about that at all :) I thought the question was fav music, but I also listen to all kind of music, except modern jazz and atonal classical.

I have promissed (threatened) hubby and son that as soon as they play La Traviata on the Opera I will bring them and not take no for an answer. I think they have accepted their fate :lol: The concert the three tenors had brings tears to my eyes still :)

It does depend on your mood for sure... I listen to Billy Holiday even. Millie Jackson (no realation to THE Jacksons), and a poet/vise singer, old as, well even older than me. with lots of life wisdom put into easy words. (he hates seagulls, but loves doves) :)

I think this goes for all of us - even though I must sometimes admit I sound like my parents when my son make me listen to the latest craze, and I say "it all sounds the same!" :loldude:
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

McEve wrote:I don't see anything weird or lame about that at all :) I thought the question was fav music, but I also listen to all kind of music, except modern jazz and atonal classical.
You are right! hehe.. Fav music? I drive my boyfriend nuts with some of my Anime favorites. I guess if I had to choose I'd go with Jason Mraz, Depeche Mode, and Linkin Park. Queen is good too.
McEve wrote:I think this goes for all of us - even though I must sometimes admit I sound like my parents when my son make me listen to the latest craze, and I say "it all sounds the same!" :loldude:
No.. some of the "new" music does sound the same. We just say that cause we hear more music in our lifespan than the youngsters :) hehe

- Angela
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

NetsuaiAngel wrote: Depeche Mode, Queen is good too.
You should come for a BBQ at my and hubbys place, we'll get along fine :lol:
NetsuaiAngel wrote:
McEve wrote:I think this goes for all of us - even though I must sometimes admit I sound like my parents when my son make me listen to the latest craze, and I say "it all sounds the same!" :loldude:
No.. some of the "new" music does sound the same. We just say that cause we hear more music in our lifespan than the youngsters :) hehe

- Angela
I try to force my son to listen to other music as well, and have succeeded to a certain degree - he's open for "old" music, which I consider a victory :lol: (he might be humouring me though I realize that :happy: but that's ok. sowing seeds ;))
Alenate
Forum Follower

Post by Alenate »

I`m into the more extreme kind of music.
Such as, Dimmu Borgir,Satyricon,My dying bride,paradise lost.
But my all time favorite is Iron Maiden they are still rocking :lol:

Alex
4x128,1x220,1x375,1x520,1x720 liter with Catfish and Malawi
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I love dance music and old school house Dave Pearce is my fav. Like a lot of the new stuff dancey tunes in the clubs.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk