Birds can be fun!

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Birds can be fun!

Post by McEve »

Last edited by McEve on Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

My sister and i used to keep budgies when we were little (10-14) We bred them a couple of times which was fascinating, watching the eggs hatch and the chicks grow- it really is amazing. My dad unfortunatly had a back spazm and fell into the aviary, broke it and the birds escaped into the forest behind us - :cry: (my sister was 12 at the time and very upset). That was when i started getting into koi and pond fish. :roll: -It all started then :roll:
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Use to breed ornamental pheasants when I was a wee lad. WOudl love to re-start, but in between doing up the house and work, (and of course my fish), I barely have any time as it is.

We did have some Pekin bantams, but lost them to a darn fox at 4pm last winter. NOT impressed, we got them from a market in really bad shape, and myself and my wife spent weeks rubbing germolene into their scaley, scabby feet twice a day!!!! We shut them in every night and let them out in the morning.
:(

Less predators in a fish tank!!! :lol: :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Adam

Post by Adam »

My dad use to be into birds, of the feathered variety, in a big way and I also developed an interest in them too. At various times we kept the following: Bantam chickens, regular chickens, java doves, chinese painted quails and Budgies. Everything bred, the doves and chickens were particularly prolific.

Perhaps I should give up the fish lark and go back to birds as I had more success with them :x .
Skye
Groupie

Post by Skye »

well, i was an avid bird lover... until i discovered fish! HA!

i have 2 rare budgies and two soicety finches right now... cute? yes. noisy? very. personable? more than my fish, on a good day. messy? yup.
i still adore them, but... well, i sound cold and calous but they are not as much fun as my fishes... sorry.

i have also kept lizards, hamsters (they are the devil! :evil: ), guinea pigs, ducks, dogs, cats...i think thats all,...and right now i have two bunnies as well as fish and birds. :P

:shock: ever dawn on you that maybe youre the pet, and theyre keeping you?? sheesh... im whipped...

:arrow: WELCOME TO THE ZOO... first time visitors = no charge. everyone else... admission is 1 female zebra pleco :wink: :lol: