Music!

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I too have a varied taste in music, It all depends on what mood I'm in. Got into the Dropkick Murphys a while back, nice and heavy. Great to listen to when blowing the crap out of people while gaming online. Bring it on Danthirty, I'll pop some caps in your butt for you. I've been looking for you on the COD servers, what's a matter chicken or are you yella. :lol: :lol: :wink: Oh and I like rap too, be it Busta Rhymes, 50 cent, Snoop, P. Diddy or whatever name he goes by now. :lol:
Skye
Groupie

Post by Skye »

anyone for Linkin Park? :D

i like everything, except old country and most new country, folk and death metal.

love oldies... spec. 70's & 80's, so in answer to your openeing question, McEve, i love Queen! :wink: and james taylor and CCR and three dog night... the list goes on...

also like R&B, Trance, Rave, Rock, Alternative once in a while, and (dont gag) the odd boy-band ballad (gotta be sappy and cute sometimes! c'mon! its all about balance, people! dont judge me too harshly) howver, if i was to start naming bands i like, i'd be here for a decade.

ps... going to see U2 in concert soon! woo hoo!! 8)
discusred
Groupie

Post by discusred »

Top 10
1. Dare
2.Bruce springsteen
3.Bryan Adams
4.Black Sabbath
5.Ozzy
6.Thin Lizzy
7.Scorpions
8.Queen
9.Zeno
10.Eric Martin
HappyGoLucky

Post by HappyGoLucky »

I Love Queen...Nine Inch Nails...Jimmi Hendrix
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Must admit, Sid is th eonl;y person I know who has Tupac, Genisis and Celine Dion in the same CD collection.

As for myself, I'm there with DrP, plus,

Placebo,
Bare Naked Ladies
The Undoubtedly talented Al Green (Old School)
The Strokes

Virtually anything I can "borrow" of an Ipod or PC that take my fancy.

As for Mac, PC, what ever happened to the old rubber keyed spectrum? :lol:
Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

Gotta check in on the music !

Latley I have been listening to the Blackeyed Peas with Sergio Mendez, and always The Jam, Orange Juice, Josef K, (for those that remember Postcard Records), the Undertones, Echo and The Bunnymen, The Cramps, Ramones, AC-DC, Magnus Uggla!!!!, Terrenc Trent D'Arby, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Prince, Madonna...
There seems to be just too much good stuff out there, I do find the taste changes and I have enjoyed a lot of Jazz as of late and also Opera -"Vesti la giubba" from Pagliacci is just Phenomenal!
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Whe-hey the Ramones, and the Chillies!!!! Although I must admit old Terence trent Darby doesn't really rock my musical boat! :wink:

"Somebody, Somebody, Somebody put something in ma drink!" :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I've found as I get older that I'm aquiring quite a taste for opera as well - or actully, operettes. Who cannot be mesmerized by the three tenors in their heydays anyway :D
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

McEve, have you tried to play Peer Gynt to the fishies?

Rob - what can I say , the scots came up with Glenfiddich, The Rangers, Rod Stewart and Postcard Records? There must have been something good in the drink - or is it the dress/kilt?

On a different note - I have noticed that the lounge is quite the biblical place - governed by Adam and Eve(well - the Scottish equivelent- McEve (I almost wrote McEwe which would have brought down the wrath or both Scotland and Norway I'm sure, rotflmao))