Fish keeping and Fishing.

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Fish keeping and Fishing.

Post by DasArab »

Just wanted to get this board off and running.

I feel that my interest in all things fish stems from my love off fishing. I started back when i was 10 when i bought a Woolies Special 6ft rod outfit for £5 and went and caught a 2lb Jack Pike, been fishing for pike since.
I have also done Trout, and sea fishing in the past but my main love is sitting beside a loch waiting for the line to start screaming off the reels.

So anyone one else keep fish due to thier interest in fishing?
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmm I do.....flyfishing ofcourse..............a real mans sport :twisted:
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Ewee

Used to do a bit of fly fishing, but not had time of late.

The closest thing I get to it now is chasing the occastional zebra round the tank with my hands!!
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Rob.........you ever fished at Moffat?...............i see its changed hands...and looks good now ..................fancy it sometime ?
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Adam

Post by Adam »

I have been a retired fisherman for a number of years now. I've still got all my gear but neither me or my brother seem to be able to find the time to go anymore. I can't imagine telling my Mrs I'm going fishing for three days. Towards the end of my fishing days I use to go for Carp, nothing beats the adrenalin pump of trying to land a big fish.
Skye
Groupie

Post by Skye »

caught one river trout my whole life (and 2 sunfish that i had to throw back :( )... but i would love to do more...

oh no wait... went deep sea fishing once... caught a 4' kingfish and a18" tuna! yum!!
mykil

fish on! fish keeping...

Post by mykil »

i've been fishing since i was 10, and have only recently started keeping fish( 4 years ago) I catch and release except when I'm hungry :wink: , trout in the winter, bass ,catfish in the summer.
as for fish keeping...
1 24" silver aro
4 rbp's
14 discus
5 L046
1 mango plec
1tapajos zebra
1 blue panaque
3 royal plecs
10 cardinal tetras
spread over 9 tanks, mind you :wink:
5 zbra plecs
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi mykil,

I used to go fishing years ago but I just don't seem to have the time to go these days. :roll: It's funny how being a fisherman eventually leads to fishkeeping, my brother has also recently got into keeping fish.

I noticed that you have a 24" silver Aro, have you got any pictures of the fella? I have been toying with the idea of getting an asian aro, I would love to get a chilli/blood red but they cost a packet.

Regards.

Adam