How we judge the reputation....

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Post by AndyAps.com »

a few points following everyones comments since my last post.

First of all in my last post i was clear that i do agree with alot of dave's idea's, initiatives, and most of all i have listened to his advice in the past as i am aware he is a fellow breeder and uses "unorthodox" techniques and i agree the Zebra Plec isn't as fragile and sensitive as some belive.
However i do not agree with the way he has belittled th ideas of others, made sly remarks and comments and generally lowered the atmosphere of the site.
2 fox
i to agree that the ideas and experiance and advice is based on sound foundations, i don't agree with how it is delivered. i agree criticism should be taken positvely, which is how i hope dave took mine.

2 Rob
i commend you. I think what you have done for the Zebra Pleco is beyond any coment. i believe the way you "run/manage" manage the site is outstanding especially as it is not "full time" job as it were.

2 Dave
I agree with alot of your ideas etc and hope you took my earlier post as criticism and not a personal attack however i do feel you are single handedly bringing down the "feel" of the forum with sniping coments etc. and as i said earlier i believe if you altered the way you post and your manner you would have many more takers, (me included) for your exchanges and initiatives.

2 everyone.
i started the recent aquarank topic to try and lighten up the mood of the forum and give rob and the mods something to smile about for all thier hard work. its a sort of gift for them.......and it costs nothing.
we are all on this forum because we all love Zebra pleco's to one extent or another and are keen on their preservation in the hobby and more importantly the wild. In the short term we are breeding these fish to satisfy demand and hopefully bring down the price to make them more readily available.
please can everyone take heed of rob's post and try and post only informtative, factual, topic related posts and hopefully this will cut out the bickering etc.
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

:D

Air Guitar boy agrees! 8)
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

OMG Rob! He's growing so fast! That picture is adorable! Please don't forget to get a few embarassing pics of him in big hats and shoes and a diaper to use for blackmail when he starts dating ;).

And October I typed out a long reply to this post a couple nights ago, trying to get through to people that they are hurting the site with this type of argument and finger pointing but I decided against posting it. You most definitely aren't the source of the problem, nor is your question, honestly. For some reason there are people that worry so much about what everyone else is doing they lose sight of the satisfaction they should be gaining out of their own accomplishments. That doesn't make any of this your fault. Please don't take it personally.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Well APS, no offence taken, I actually asked for it not to be edited, it was your opinion, and I did invite it in a previous post in the thread. If an exchange of fish results out of this then the fish does benefit. In my mind honesty and openess is always the best policy.

As for sniping comments, well I put my hand up, but I have also been the recipient of these, and if you care to trawl through the threads you will find them.

As for people making rash comments that I think may be attributable to me and are unfounded or misquotes, well I'll let other people decide on their validity

As for the aquarank, well I voted every day and it seemed to preoccupy the site, and maybe a beer too many sorry.

As in an earlier post I said that I am taking a break from the site, at least until I come up with a new idea or somebody else does.

Take care people

Dave