As per request

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

As per request

Post by McEve »

The Buddy really wanted a frycam, so here you go ;)

BabyCam
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

That's fantastic McEve, I love it :D

How many fry do you have at present?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

glad you enjoy :D I estimate about 30
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

30...that's good going. How many spawns was that from? I'm guessing two or three.

The fry from my second spawn are have just started to emerge this week. I've only seen them one at a time so far...so they're may only be two at most (will explain 'two' in a second) but they've emerged from the cave, wizzed round the tank, gone to the top of the water (to fill their swim bladders I guess) and then shot back into the cave.
I came home today and found my first dead fry lying on the bottom of the tank :cry: ...in a slight panic I shone a torch into the males cave as he's now acting like the cave is empty (half in half out and doing nothing...no tail wiggling or anything) anyway, I shone a torch in there and could see at least one little tail wiggling around. So I know there was at least two in this spawn. I guess dead fry are part of the process so I'm not beating myself up over it as I'm pretty sure I had nothing to do with it but it's still a shame to lose one.

Anyway, I'm not wanting to take over this thread...so back to McEve's webcam. :D
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Nice! :wink:

(Edit: Questions regarding fry removed.)
Last edited by madmoroccan on Sun May 14, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The problem is that they need to be in a thread of their own with a recognizable title for it to do anyone reading through the board any good at all. If you wanted to make a post in the proper category with questions maybe people would answer it.

Please keep in mind that while it would make things easier for you, all the rest of us that have already typed it all out three or four times are going to tend to lean toward the search button being far "easier" ;).

Barbie
Last edited by Barbie on Fri May 12, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Plastic Mac wrote: I guess dead fry are part of the process so I'm not beating myself up over it as I'm pretty sure I had nothing to do with it but it's still a shame to lose one.
I know just how you feel. I lost 6 within a few hours due to contaminated food, two due to anareobic pocket in the sand, and one when I moved them over to the tank they're in now.

No fun loosing fry, I hope I get to the point where I can keep 100% alive one day, although I belive that would be very hard....
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

yay fry cam...were are the fry?
what are the spects debri?
i think i saw a mini zebra half the size of yer adults yay
Thebuddy is planning his tank
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

uh mac i think the cam died
its........moving........like.........this.........with.......about........5.......seconds......inbetween.......the......updated.......images.......
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

The camera's fine bud...it's just your connection becoming laggy for a bit. nothing to worry about. :D
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Oh I found the culprit moms computer had 7 differnt windows open.
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Geat cam!

Right now your fry are zooming about and they're out in the wide open! They're not shy are they? :)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

They can be bold when they know they can get to safety at any time ;) There's about 25 in there, all residing under the daddys cave, but the most I've been able to count out in the open is 7

So... they are cautious 8)

Glad you enjoy them!
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

I think the best part of watching fry grow up is the development of their personalities! :)

I have three fry right now and the largest of the three has gotten bold during dinner time to venture out for food. He'll inch his little body across the tops of the caves and if he 'feels' the bigger adults around, he'll ZOOM back to safety. The cutest thing was when this lil fella ventured so far out, and rounded to the edge of the cave and saw one of the male adults, he "floated" for a sec before he zoomed off again! :D So silly! ;)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

:lol:

I know just what you mean! I fed the fry bosmides (have no idea what it's called in English, tried to find out but no luck so far :( small crusteacans anyways..) They are very tiny, but obiously very tasty as I sat watching the fry for half and hour laughing as they flung themseves in the "air" trying to catch them floating around :lol:

I must think of a feeder contraption to make them easier to get to for the fry poor things :oops: