I just have to brag a bit :D

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

I just have to brag a bit :D

Post by McEve »

My new fav cup!:

http://public.qtopia.no/cup/cup.html

Cool huh 8)

:D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

It's HUGE!

:wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Very cool! :D

I'm restricting myself, I'm not going to buy one until I have had my first spawn. Then I'll buy the t-shirt and everything :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Rob wrote:It's HUGE!

:wink:
Why of course it it! I'm bragging! :shock: :lol:

Platic Mac, bet that won't be long now that you get one of LyreTails caves they'll jump right into it and spawn :wink:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Show Off lol :P
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Neo wrote:Show Off lol :P
You're just jealous! lol :wink:
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

I saw the cups last week and loved them - but I also love the T-shirts and so on. I thought, like Mac, I was going to buy myself T-shirt and jacket with next spawn as a present.
Came back from work today ... and was gently checking to see what the new zebs were doing. Found the following in tank:
L264 female eventually out of cave, male (Ballagio) with eggs inside (back of tank, can't take pics as Lyre couldn't make the big caves with removable tops so they are all in one piece).
Queen Aby male (Luxor) with eggs in cave under bogwood (took 3 shots and all came out like mash).
Ancistrus bloke in cave with eggs (worst possible cave location-wise, wide open at front of tank, guy must have been desperate). Took two pics, one visible. I put a piece of bogwood now at the entrance to give him a bit of security.
Finally, male Zebras (Ceasar and Fiesty) rubbing each others tails (they are getting tail-ache from wagging) and looking at the underage females shaking their heads in desperation ...
I deserve the goodies, right? >>>>>bigger show off :lol:

Oh, you can welcome my new babies to be .. ... I hope I will be able to post some pics of the others shortly too :D

PS :idea: I bought the small caves for the zebs, so I guess I can charge this guy rent and pay for the goodies :idea:
Last edited by Caesars on Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Whey- COngrats Caesars

Congrats, it must be something in the air... here's hoping your zebs get a whiff of it!!!

rob :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Is the picture upside down or do they stick their eggs to the ceiling of the cave?

It's good to show off sometimes isn't it Caesars :lol: Congrats! :D
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Rob wrote:Whey- COngrats Caesars

Congrats, it must be something in the air... here's hoping your zebs get a whiff of it!!!

rob :wink:
So do I Rob - thank you! :D Zebs will be having a 700 lit. tank soon so I hope that by March I will have more pics to post, fingers crossed.

McEve, judging from the "places" where I found eggs before, mine always lay upwards. There was only one case, last year, that they dug a whole under a piece of bogwood and laid the eggs there. I noticed a bit too late ... I was syphoning the gravel ... so half the eggs ended up in the garden :evil: I don't know if it was a young pair or what, they never ever done it again.

And yes, its FANTASTIC to show off :lol: I got my male L333 today with Alevans's delivery of zebras - so hopefully I will soon be bragging off about my L333s too! :wink: If I can get a big male L14 in time I will be racing Barbie spawining these as well :wink:
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Marina
yes those big caves were tough to make and I am so very glad you let me make them solid. They seemed so darn large once I started putting them together and the slate piece were too big to fit on my grinders to get the flatness required for removable tops. It was very hard to get the large pieces of slate flat enough and I was very afraid that 40 pounds of slate cave in a cardboard box would break during shipping. Imagine my sigh of relief when they arrived intact Whew!.

The cave you are showing in the picture looks like one of the smaller removable top ones though. I can tell by the color of the slate.

I bought a large block of clay last weekend and am driving a distance tomorrow looking for a kiln to price firing ceramic stoneware. I am hoping to make a mold of slate caves of various sizes in order to meet the demands and lower the cost and time for making these things. I think I can actually make them look better , faster and stronger as ceramic rather than slate. I will have to experiment with the glazing until I can achieve a natural stone texture and look though. I am going to make several molds based on kribs, Apistogramma and Pleco cave designs
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

You are right, the cave in the pic is a small one! The other small ones were used by other fish :lol: Two of the big ones have also been in use while one more became the permanent home of my solitary talking catfish. Btw - solid design is absolutely fine for the fish, what I was saying before is the caves are facing the back of the tank to get a better water jet and more coverage, so it was impossible to me to take pictures of dad and fry - otherwise you would have fry in your big caves too :lol: Well let me know when you are "in action" again with the new design, I am first in the queue :wink:

:idea: McEve I think we need a competition at some stage - best pic of fry in Lyretail's caves :D