plecoplanet website still around?

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
psionic001
Forum Follower

plecoplanet website still around?

Post by psionic001 »

Does anyone know what happened to the plecoplanet website? I’ve been away from the forums for a while and the site seems to have been broken for a while.
TwoTankAmin

Re: plecoplanet website still around?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Shut down a while ago.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
psionic001
Forum Follower

Post by psionic001 »

I wonder why? It was such a good resource for plecos generally.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

It was an OK site, but Planetcatfish.com has even better information as should scotcat.com.

What makes any site durable is not its content but its active membership. It takes a decent number of members to keep a site afloat. This is complicated by the fact the sites above are basically not for profit, even though they might earn something if their donations exceed their contributions.

Then there is the fact that such sites can only exist because of the people who volunteer their time to moderate and administer them.

But this does not really mitigate the fact the loss of any site which supplies quality information is not a got thing in any way. Unfortunate;y, the times have changed and most of the people who used to use such sites have moved to social media which is where, as far as I can tell, information goes to die.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.