Second successful spawn.

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Adam

Second successful spawn.

Post by Adam »

I may have finally got this zebra breeding thing figured, well I think I may have. These are pictures of the seven fry from my latest spawn, they are 11 days old now and seem to be doing well. I started out with nine but two died at only a day old.

One day old.

Five days old.

Ten days old.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Dude... you're doing brilliantly! :D I can only imagine how exciting it is to see that in real life! One day...
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Great Job Adam!!!!!!
Hey when you saw nine days old are you saying nine days old from hatch or when the female layed the eggs?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks Mindy and Jerms. :D

It certainly is exciting to finally have a good number of fry survive, don't worry Mindy your time will come. Your colony is still fairly new and they are probably still trying to establish a pecking order. :wink:

Jerms, each shot is the number of days from when they hatched and not from when they were laid by the female. Sorry I wasn't too clear on that one. I had no intention of taking the fry from the male so soon but I found three wrigglers in the main tank so I decided to take the remaining ones from him, I didn't want to chance it.

Regards.

Adam
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Congradulation Adam,

another job well done.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Excelent :)

Keep up the good work :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

well done m8 on these and the others :wink: great pics!!

good luck with them all
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks Kenw, smithrc and Neo. :D

One good thing about having fry is that water changes are no longer a chore as you suddenly find a renewed interest in the whole thing. :wink:
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Fantastic pics well done! do you do any more triggering or do they do it all by themselves?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks Shell.

Luckily triggers are no longer needed in the tank that this spawn came from. Just regular maintenace and feeding and that's pretty much it. It's a totally different story in the other tank I've been trying like hell to get them going again since the death of the Alpha male but it's not happening. I'll have to be more patient and I'm sure they'll start up again.

Adam
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Did you have 2 colonies breeding then? you lucky sod! lol i am sure you will crack it, you seem to be fairly lucky with your life!! ;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Did have. :cry: Actually I'm plagued by bad luck, things that don't happen to other people happen to me. :roll: Example: what idiot squashes one of his zebras with a bit of bog wood, answers on a post card please....
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

OH!!.......... Maybe you dont have that much good luck.... but you did have 2 spawning colonies which is a sign that it can be done again so chin up sonny and keep soldiering on! ;)
Captain Caveman
Forum Follower

Post by Captain Caveman »

n1 Adam.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/zax1972][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/zax1972.png[/img][/url]