L 134s

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
aldicks
Forum Follower

L 134s

Post by aldicks »

HI
I have some zebras that ,once you get them going which ,here in North east USA,seems to occur in July,they will breed easily and regularly without much intervention at all...keep in mind,though,that I have RO water and do pay some attention to TDS triggering. As mentioned in other posts,however,I have had trouble raising the fry.

Adjacent to the zebra colony tank,I have a colony of leopard frogs (L134s) which are much younger but getting to 2 years or more in age, and I wonder if anybody has had success in getting them to spawn the first time. No action at all for me ,yet, and very ,very secretive while the zebras are out a lot. I am doing the "it's raining now "thing with them as I believe they will trigger best in March.
Any help is appreciated
jsalas623
Groupie

Re: L 134s

Post by jsalas623 »

I would go on planetcatfish and see if apistomaster has any info on this. He breeds them regularly. From what I read these are rather hard to breed but once you get them to breed. I guess thats with every fish
bikerman6660
Forum Follower

Re: L 134s

Post by bikerman6660 »

I tried everything with mine and eventually give up on them and left them alone and they spawned!! :D There are some believe that water changes with really soft water can trigger them but it might be worth stopping everything and just going onto basic care to see what happens?
hope this helps