My First Spawn Finaly !

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Lynn6773
Forum Follower

Re: My First Spawn Finaly !

Post by Lynn6773 »

:( unfortunately the eggs didn't make it, but I still have my 4 baby's from the first spawn and there all doing great :)
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Ahh thats a shame, but fingers crossed for next time :)
Lynn6773
Forum Follower

Post by Lynn6773 »

Well guys you were right ;) once they start there at it all the time :) still got my 4 baby's from the first spawn, the 2nd lot of eggs came 4weeks late nearly to the day but didn't make it ..... Then again 4 weeks to the day !!! They spawned again :) the eggs all hatched and I have 6 new baby's approaching 2 weeks old ! :) thanks for the tips about micro worms I'm cultivating my own for them now, what else would you recommend I give my baby's I hatch baby brine for them as well. Were going on holiday in 4 weeks and my sis is taking the baby tank to her house she's not a fish person and really doesn't do anything that's alive for feeding is there a dry or frozen food she can use while I'm away ?? Thanks for every1's help and support this is a fantastic site ;) although I wish they would add me to the breeding list cos I'm so proud of my achievements :( I've filled that form in twice in the last 12 weeks but they havnt added me xx
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I feed my new fry a mix of frozen cyclop-eeze, frozen daphnia and frozen bbs. But they can eat anything that gets softish such as earthworm sticks, NLS Growth etc. both of which I use as well as kens growth 00 size.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Congrats on the new babies :)

Yes frozen bbs is good for fry and also any crushed dried stuff that the parents eat just make it small so they dont' choke or like already said, foods that will go soft in water, pre-soak if you need to. The worry would be over feeding, you need to stress to your sis that she needs to take any uneaten food out with a turkey baster or such so stop the water fouling.

Hope you have a good holiday and don't worry too much about the fry but thats easy said :o
Lynn6773
Forum Follower

Post by Lynn6773 »

Thanks for that guys xx :D