eggs eggs attack of the shrimps

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
bengranger80
Groupie

eggs eggs attack of the shrimps

Post by bengranger80 »

Coming up to day 7 and there is some eggs with a devoted male guarding them!

My question is will red cherry shrimp eat baby zebs? Can the babys defend t and themselves?

Does anyone else keep shrimp with their zebs?

I ask this because there is quite a few shrimp around the cave and even a few inside.

I am tempted to move the cave complete with male into a trap, but worried this may stress him too much, and may have an effect on future spawns?

Also been looking everyday and nothing seems to change with the eggs, surely if they were infertile he would have kicked them out by now?

This is day 8 and no sign of hatchlings but still got my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help
Ben
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Re: eggs eggs attack of the shrimps

Post by Raul-7 »

bengranger80 wrote:Coming up to day 7 and there is some eggs with a devoted male guarding them!

My question is will red cherry shrimp eat baby zebs? Can the babys defend t and themselves?

Does anyone else keep shrimp with their zebs?

I ask this because there is quite a few shrimp around the cave and even a few inside.

I am tempted to move the cave complete with male into a trap, but worried this may stress him too much, and may have an effect on future spawns?

Also been looking everyday and nothing seems to change with the eggs, surely if they were infertile he would have kicked them out by now?

This is day 8 and no sign of hatchlings but still got my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help
Ben
No, I had over 50+ Cherry shrimp with my Zebras and not once did they eat an egg or kill a fry. The male used to fan out the shrimp that strayed near the cave entrance. Good luck.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Cherry shrimps are safe it will be a time before the babies emerge yet
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
g-g

cherry shrimp with zebs

Post by g-g »

I didnt realise many others would keep specifically cherry shrimp with their zebra's. hehe I also do. From my experienced they do not have any interest in each other.
www.beef-heart.co.uk