breeding zebras

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
will74
Groupie

breeding zebras

Post by will74 »

As you all know I purchased my zeb's from Riverwonders.com in October and they arrived well packed and very healthy. It's only January and they have breed 5 times and I have two females trying to get in the dominant males cave right now. I just wanted to say thanks to Riverwonders, TTA,Barbie and all the other people who have written various articles on breeding zebra's! This site rocks! Here is a pic of my first fry.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

It feels good doesn't it?
Congrats on your first fry, hope there's many more :)
will74
Groupie

Breeding zebras

Post by will74 »

I also wanted to ask If I separated my two dominant males and put the three females that I know have breed with each male[two with dominant male and one with subdominant male] would they breed more? I am afraid to mess with them right now cause I get a fresh spawn about every 2.5 two 3 weeks. Seems like every time I remove wigglers I have more eggs in main cave. I seem to think that I'll leave them alone till they stop breeding for at least 1 month, any advice?
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

I would not suggest moving the males the females may decide not to breed if you do that there needs to be some kind of competion or they will just not really care.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

If its working great, don't mess with it.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.