Done it again...

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Done it again...

Post by twinspots_goby »

I just wanna everyone know that my male just successfully held his 9th spawn. :lol: He trapped a female 10 days ago. The female spent only one night with him and laid about 10 eggs. I took a glance last time and found some swigglers at the end of the cave. :wav:

I know some males are picky to mate with females and this little monster seems to accept any female who's ready to lay eggs. He has spawned with 5 different females so far.
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

Well he's just a cheeky little devil isn't he?!? Though... to your advantage eh? Congrats on the spawn!!! :D
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

pureplecs wrote:Well he's just a cheeky little devil isn't he?!? Though... to your advantage eh? Congrats on the spawn!!! :D
Thanks. How are those 6 fries doing? Getting any bigger? :lol: probably not that fast.
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

They seem to be eating good! I think have grown a little, and the little ones I was worried about are fine. :D :D
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

pureplecs wrote:They seem to be eating good! I think have grown a little, and the little ones I was worried about are fine. :D :D
Very nice to hear that they are growing. Keep up with your good job! :D
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Great news on the spawn, good to know he isn't too choosy about females :wink: