I must be getting old

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
TwoTankAmin

I must be getting old

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I just finished doing weekly maint. on the zeb breeding tank and decided I might as well do a quick cave check. I didn't really expect to find much, especially since the male in the 2nd cave had been hanging in the rear right part of the cave recently. Past experience seemed to have me convinced that when there were eggs in either of the two main slate breedeing caves, the dads always seemed to have them piled in the left rear.

I checked the primary cave- there were almost free swimming fry in there in the rear left. This was the spawn from about the 12th and I was wrong thinking they had been evicted already.

Then I moved to the opposite end of the tank and began checking all the caves moving to the #2 slate one. There was the Alpha male still in the right rear on top of some silicone beads, oh well. And then my brain did a double take..... those silicone balls had been wiggling. But how could that be? Spawns are always on the left side not the right. So I checked it again to prove to my brain it had got things wrong. Well sure enough there is a batch of eggs with wigglers tucked in the right rear.

I must be getting old.

One other note- my two fm discus have spawned today. (One of them was bought as a male :-( ) This is their third try. I wanted to clean their tank and they have put the eggs on the sponge filter uplift tube. I am not sure I want to pull that sponge to rinse it- them two ladies will surely attack me.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Nice find TTA, :clap:
TDI-line
Groupie

Post by TDI-line »

Well done. :lol: