Eggs again

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
TwoTankAmin

Eggs again

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Boy- the last batch recently went free swimming in the cave. I checked them about 36 hours ago and noted they were about ready for eviction. Well I just finished doing cave checkes and there is a male om eggs in the same cave already. Two other males are also in residence in other caves. Nope, no hiatus yet :lol:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

omg :lol:
John

Post by John »

Are you gonna populate the xingu again with breeding :shock:

Congrats TTA :wink:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

John- If i thought there was any chance the brazilian govt. would abandom its dam plans and guarantee they would attempt to preserve the zebra habitat I would be more than happy to contribute fry to help insure wild pops survive.

The best I can do until that happens is to keep trying to get my babies into the hands of folks I believe will grow them out to spawn.

I have finally set aside a batch for myself which I hope will ultimately follow in their parents footsteps. For me the goal is now to produce F2 fry from my tanks.

I honestly believe my success is due more to my well water than anything else. I recently bought a lovely male discus to replace one that self destructed. He laid eggs two weeks after going into the tank. Wrong sex but right action. I did nothing beyond putting the fish into the tank and following my normal discus maint routine.

Heck- I am trying to get rid of all my bn. I have them parked and growing all over the place. Last week when I opened the sponge filter in the bucket to rinse it out, there were about 25 fry inside. I just can't seem to stop the insanity :shock:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

congrats again well done.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Nice one TTA, you'll soon need a bigger house :lol:

Mine have been a bit slow since new year with one successful batch, but with 3 failed batches from 2 males in different tanks that have always been successful before.

Any thoughts :?:

Keep up the good work, hope that well doesn't dry up :lol: