Never thought it would happen....but it did :D

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
INXS
Obsessed!!

Never thought it would happen....but it did :D

Post by INXS »

Got home tonight and saw this guy out in the open , when I poked around with the flash light (torch for you limeys) I saw another newly hatched one.
(Sorry for the horrid pix)
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

WOOHOOOO!!!! Congratulations! After you've waited so long! That's just awesome :) Guess you just needed to get too busy to really bug them ;). I'm so happy for you! I'll bet you did the happy dance and everything :lol: . I'll go get the champagne!

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Whey-hey!!! Fantastic News INXS. Nothing like getting a wee stipey surprise!!!! No sign of a yolk sack at all, so I would say probably been hatched for around 10 - 14 days.

If they are running about the tank, just make sue you keep the substarte clean, and water well aereated.

Have you any idea if there are any more? If there is any part of the males cave elevated off the ground have a wee look under it with the "Torch". :wink:

If you have seen 2 out in the open, then there could well be a couple more, they a excellent wee beggers at hiding.

Congrats again mate!!

Just in time to be added to the new "Spawn List" if you want. :wink:

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

Thanks Rob,
you have no idea how great it was - after waiting, and waiting, and so on ......
There were two babies of the same size and an egg with a little wigglie - probably a new spawn.

Now several days later I don t'see any and even though I ripped the tank apart I didn't find any - any at all , until I put it all back again. Then there was a little one out in the open again.

Update - today I have a couple in a cave, maybe they are really digging getting shaggy .