First and secound spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Balken89
Groupie

First and secound spawn

Post by Balken89 »

this dident take long at all, hade this zebras for 10 weeks when the first spawn happened. i got 15 fry the first time and now 4 weeks after it is eggs in the cave again, and in the cave next to it :)
if am lucky i get 3 caves with eggs time hehe.
Attachments
some of the first spawn
some of the first spawn
TwoTankAmin

Re: First and secound spawn

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Nice work. Believe it or not is is quite common for people who acquire a group of plecos to have them spawn not long after bringing them home. This is usually due to the fact that the parameters of the new tank are sufficiently different from the tank from which they came, to trigger them. Seasonal spawners seem to thrive on change.

Good luck with them and i hope they keep going for you for a while. You never know when they will decide to take a break nor how long it might last.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Balken89
Groupie

Post by Balken89 »

Thanks, i was shocked it was 15 zebs first spawn a few weeks after he got 14 new and the male "next door" got 5 so in 8 weeks i got 31 healthy zebras in my grow out tank:) i hope they continue breeding for a wile, Love that feeling when you check your caves and you see a clutch of eggs.
Balken89
Groupie

Post by Balken89 »

now they have given me a total of 5 spawns and a total of 50 fry. can only hope they continue like this:)
jsalas623
Groupie

Post by jsalas623 »

Nice!!! Good luck with the fry!