tank pics

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Jo
Obsessed!!

tank pics

Post by Jo »

Here is one of my tank:

Here are 3 eyeing up a cave;

Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Jo
Nice tank 8)
How many Zebras do you have ?

Where do you get your Zebras from, just wondering if you scour the fish shops down South like i do, or is there a good Scottish source that you know of :?
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

Cheers Andrew i have 10 plecs i have had most of them for about 1.5 years. I got mine from trimar who used to be a good source before the ban and i got some from riverside aquaria in stirling , but like u i have not seen any for sale in a long long time.
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Jo
Never even thought of phoning Riverside Aquaria, got fish from there a couple of years ago.
I had just bought a trio for £240 when Trimar started advertising them for £130 per fish, so i didn't bother and have paid for it since :(
Did manage to get a 1.5 inch young zebra a couple of months ago after phoning around the fish shops that advertise in Practical Fishkeeping Magazine.
I think i was just very lucky that day :)

Good luck in breeding them :D

Andrew.
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

I know the feeling its a nightmare trying to get them now, i just hope the ban doesnt last too much longer, even then it will probs take a while for the hype to die down. I need all the luck i can get breeding them .......i think they are all males lol....but ill try and get some close ups so i can get opinions.
discusred
Groupie

Post by discusred »

Very nice tank-setup :)
Is very nice to see how other setup theres zebra tank.

Patrik
Adam

Post by Adam »

Nice setup you have there Jo :D .

I wouldn't worry about them all being males, I thought that of my lot for a while. You soon learn to tell the sexual differences, it becomes more apparent as they mature. If you post some close up pictures under the male or female thread I'm sure the guys here will put your mind at rest :wink: .

Adam
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Nice tank!

I noticed that you have Amano shrimps in the tank as well.
I also had them as a company for the zebra's... Untill yesterday :?

They really make a good company for the zebra's, because they won't bother the adults or the fry. And they clean the tank from algues and food leftovers :)

The reason I moved them yesterday to the community tank was that I saw one eating a zebra egg, that was kicked out of the cave by the male :x

Depending on the breeding habits that your zebra's may develop, it could be a point of consideration.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Jo,

I would have to agree with Cascudo, whilst Amano shrimp are ok with adult zebras I wouldn't trust them with zebra eggs. I removed all the shrimps from my zebra tank a couple of months ago and put them in my community tank. It's a shame really as they are excellent scavengers and they help to liven up a zebra tank.

Adam
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

Thanks for the warning i never considered that they would eat the eggs (if i ever get any). I think i will remove them just incase better safe than sorry eh. I also have some hatchets so the tank will still have something to look at when all the zebras are hiding although thats rare as mine seem to very active.
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

hi jo,
just wondering where or how you got your slate cut straight so you could make those nifty little cave's??

thank's kev
Im off to the Xingu put my dinner in the oven!!!
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Kev,
For cave info, take a look here:
http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186
Regards,
Des.
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

I bought some from Captain caveman but now im having ago myself after buying a tile cutter as I think my zeb is outgrowing its cave.
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

thank's for the info guy's :D really help's.

Kev
Im off to the Xingu put my dinner in the oven!!!