my zebs and setup

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
st24rsap
Forum Follower

my zebs and setup

Post by st24rsap »

180l, fluval external filter, internal river flow system with 2 powerheads

zebs range from 1.5" to 2.5" and im on the look out for some more :roll:

L No's wanted!!! Pm me if you have any

L046
L134
civicr
Obsessed!!

j

Post by civicr »

its a nice set up but for me its a bit too bare for a zeb colony also not enough dark ares for them
2x wild zebs
4x mature zebs
6x juvi zebs
3x zeb fry 2days old 11/09/08
st24rsap
Forum Follower

Re: j

Post by st24rsap »

civicr wrote:its a nice set up but for me its a bit too bare for a zeb colony also not enough dark ares for them
it has only been set up since the weekend so i want to make sure everything is going well before i do too much with the tank. once i know all is ok i will be re-arranging it and adding lots more slate and creating lots of hideing places for them

i wanted to be able to keep an eye on them for the first few weeks to make sure they are doing ok and feeding, hence the lack of cover etc

L046
L134
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Good on the adding lots of hidig places. My definition of a good zebra tank is one where you really have to work to find the fish and can never see them all.

It appears from your pics that you put a layer of plexi above the river plumbing. Two things- first I am not sure that zebras cant rasp plexi, and second, be sure you have it well sealed to the tank glass or it will quickly become a trap for all the waste in the tank.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
st24rsap
Forum Follower

Post by st24rsap »

TwoTankAmin wrote:Good on the adding lots of hidig places. My definition of a good zebra tank is one where you really have to work to find the fish and can never see them all.

It appears from your pics that you put a layer of plexi above the river plumbing. Two things- first I am not sure that zebras cant rasp plexi, and second, be sure you have it well sealed to the tank glass or it will quickly become a trap for all the waste in the tank.
the tank was made like this when i bought it. the base of the tank is slate that sits above the plumbing for the river system, the slate is well sealed so that no waste can collect in any gaps

L046
L134
JEMUL
Forum Follower

Post by JEMUL »

Looks very nice, very nice fish you got there :roll:
Respect nature, and it will respect you!