zeb pic

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb pic

Post by civicr »

just thought id post this pic taken last night. 1 of my male zebs prob 1 of the largest in the tank

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

he looks good, how big is he now? any of your females big enough to spawn yet mate? any of them look gravid?

Good luck J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

well the zeb in the pic is 1 of the biggest males in the tank but hes not had any luck with any females 1 of my smaller males has tho they shared a cave for a few days with a feamle but no luck
also the zeb in the pic has 1 of his brothers in my tank 2 as they both have the broken black line over there body must be a gene thing and are around the same size but 1 lives in a cave and the other hangs around dark areas an near caves i wonder tho m or f but id say m

anyway hes a lovley looking boy in pic
jamie hes around the size of 1 of your big males in your sig
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

cool, my biggest male is about 3.5 inch now, and fed up nice and plump since the photos from when i got him. i tend to notice aswell that more males tend to carry the broken line gene than females, anyone else notice this? my male has broken line gene and another large male i am hopefully getting has also got broken line gene, one of my slightly smaller fish that i suspect of being male also shows this gene. i dont have a problem with it (some dont like it), infact adds character to the fish and makes it easier to tell them appart, kind of like their own fingerprint i guess...

old pics of my biggest male...

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
Poshpleco
Groupie

Post by Poshpleco »

Hi,

thought I would post a picture of my Alpha Female, she has the broken line gene too. My smaller female also has it.

Tracey

A Few Zebs!
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

yes i see that ,every zeb must have there of dna make up so each zeb is special i can tell 4 or 5 zebs from my colony whos-who

from your pic that looks like a male 2me has your zeb spawned ?
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

also looks male to me aswell,
very triangular head (suggests male)
quite spiny ~(but this isnt always biblical)
and triangular body shape too...

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
Poshpleco
Groupie

Post by Poshpleco »

Hi,

she is definately female, she is my Alpha female in the tank and has had 4 spawns since October, next one is due in a couple of weeks. The photo was an old photo of her. When I posted it on here everyone said she was male, since I have added more Zebs to the tank it has been proven that she is definately female! Here she is with the smaller female in there little shelves.

I know now that you really can't be 100% on what sex you have, I even thought that she was a male until she spawned.

Thanks Tracey.
A Few Zebs!
alsbeth
Forum Follower

Post by alsbeth »

Hi Tracey, great to see those pics of your females and maybe give people some hope that they actually have Hairy females and not males.I have a fish just like your large female, a large fish that i was sure was a female, but recently she has started turning a little hairy so not so sure now.
Thanks Al